JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Some things at the state level are ok that are not ok at the federal level. Violating my constitutional rights is not one of them. Requiring me to buy a product solely because I breathe is just as unconstitutional at the state level as at the federal level. Same as with my gun rights, freedom of speech, due process, etc. Romney cooperated with limiting firearm rights in his state that I consider unconstitutional. He instituted a health system that was just as unconstitutional at the state level as at the federal level.

It's possible that you are right about him being a better president. I doubt it, but I'm willing to back down as we'll never know for sure. I do know that he infringed on his constituents rights as a governor, and it really disturbs me that he was the best our supposedly conservative party could give us.

Romney, in my opinion, was "Obama Lite"...Nevertheless, if you think it's bad now- just wait until that Hillary ticket on the nomination. Lefties were talking about how strong she was in standing up against those Obama bashers in Congress during the Benghazi hearings...my how we forget about her scandals and the mystery behind the death of Vince Foster or the other people in the Clinton Body Count (+50 plus people that have died that were an associate or rival of the Clintons...34 from suicides, others from suspicious circumstances or unsolved murders).

NWO is here and is in full swing ladies and gents...we've just only decided the water was getting a little hot for us.

I've never know a drug dealer !!

Respectfully Deen, if you've never met one and don't know how they operate then I'd say you shouldn't comment about them. Drug dealers are insidious, but they wouldn't exist if some people didn't want them around.

With regards to this thread is that what a lot of you folks may or may not appreciate is that there are far more "gun toting liberals" in this state of Oregon than you realize. They may have voted for Obama in BOTH elections because the alternative was far too abhorrent to contemplate. They may not want Big Business to have free reign to rape the environment ("Drill, Baby, Drill!") (Do you like hunting and fishing?). They may want Wall Street regulation reform to level the playing field for small investors like us hard working middle class. Or they may just just think health insurance as it was before Obamacare was far worse than anything that could come out of the ACA. (Has anyone in Oregon on this forum checked out our state exchange and seriously compared it to what you've got now?) Gun control is a loser issue for anyone in government unless all in the government stand collectively against us for politically fashionable reasons such as the circumstances that gave us the Patriot Act.

Benton Co. in Oregon voted overwhelmingly for Obama in the first election, yet still has a very high per capita CHL possession rate. What does that mean?

As has been said in this thread earlier, the Bush administration trashed the Bill of Rights with the so called Patriot Act far worse than anything accomplished by the Obama Administration so far, yet I hear far less from the far right about the 4th amendment than I do the 2nd. Why not treat everything in the Bill of Rights as equally important? I get nervous when people pick and choose what parts to support and what to ignore...

The recent government shut down as the Republicans held the government hostage in a temper tantrum attempt to reverse the 2012 elections was far more contemptible to the rule of law and the Constitution than anything the Obama Admin has done and recent polling data would seem to support my statement.

Those of us who cherish our 2nd Amendment Rights, should be alarmed at the recent clown-like behavior by the Republicans in Congress, the House in particular. It's as though they are begging mid-road conservatives and independents to vote in a Democratic congressional majority in the next election.

Should that happen, watch out. At least Checks and Balances has worked for the 2nd....so far.

As far as I am concerned the Republicans are losing a golden opportunity to move into a power vacuum due to pandering to the tea party.

This. I think I heard one TV commentator say how smart the Republicans would be to co-opt the marijuana issue, say it's a state's rights thing, smaller govt bla bla bla, and completely legalize it at the federal level. It's consistent with their fundamental values, just not with the last 30years of fear-mongering they've been spewing, but that doesn't have to stop them.

I voted for Obama the first time, I couldn't imagine a nation run by McCain and Palin. His facade showed through pretty quickly though, he's not liberal at all, just handing taxpayer money out to different companies and interests. I will likely only vote third party for the foreseeable future. There are some good democrats in Congress, but they are shouted down and will never be trusted with true power by the party.

And honestly, Obama wouldn't have even have tried to move any gun laws without Sandy Hook happening, there wasn't any big cry after Aurora with like 80 victims right? I don't remember anything even offered his first term. Congress couldn't even re-authorize the AWB that expired, I'm not afraid of them actually coming together and passing a comprehensive gun bill. And they haven't even mentioned passing a constitutional amendment, so any terrible laws would likely get struck down by the current supreme court.

"Obama is nothing but a fast talking street hustler that's too dumb to know any better." you mean the guy that went to columbia and harvard law? Unless you have some top ranking ivy league schools on your resume I would probably close my mouth for fear of looking absolutely ridiculous and being discounted as a simpleton.

Suge, Bush was a Yale grad, Harvard Business School post-grad. I suspect you do not think that he was a genius, despite those lofty credentials.

An Ivy League education often simply means you have connections.

I wasn't referring to Bush but I get what your saying and don't totally disagree. Using anecdotal evidence and then making the leap to "often" is just conjecture. People who make it through top tier universities are not fast talking street hustlers.

"Obama is nothing but a fast talking street hustler that's too dumb to know any better." you mean the guy that went to columbia and harvard law? Unless you have some top ranking ivy league schools on your resume I would probably close my mouth for fear of looking absolutely ridiculous and being discounted as a simpleton.

There are many very ignorant puppets with "high ranking college degrees" !
Obama is still nothing more than a marxist street hustling gangster !

I've never know a drug dealer !!

Respectfully Deen, if you've never met one and don't know how they operate then I'd say you shouldn't comment about them. Drug dealers are insidious, but they wouldn't exist if some people didn't want them around.

I've never met Obamma either and I certainly didn't vote for him. So what's your point?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I wasn't referring to Bush but I get what your saying and don't totally disagree. Using anecdotal evidence and then making the leap to "often" is just conjecture. People who make it through top tier universities are not fast talking street hustlers.

No you weren't talking about Bush, but the comparison is still valid. Two consecutive presidents who graduated from top-tier universities, and I can bet the former is believed by many people to be one of the least intelligent presidents we've ever had. The other is believed by many, as you say, to be a "fast talking street hustler." After watching and listening to Obama for nearly half a decade now, and having once been a supporter of his, I believe that this accurately describes the man and his political method.

The other point beyond all this, is that Ivy League schools are not above acting as diploma farms, if you have enough money and influence to treat them as such.

One guy got a million breaks because his father was a legacy and the director of the C.I.A. and the other guy earned his was through. HUGE difference.

Some of the dumbest people I know have high degree "sheepskins" hanging on the walls from respected institutions of "higher learning".

And some of the most intelligent people didn't even finish high school. Common sense is not taught in school. Colleges today dont even measure up uo high schools of 3 to 5 decades ago.

They may have voted for Obama in BOTH elections because the alternative was far too abhorrent to contemplate.

Alternative to Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Obama? Yeah, I would have taken door #2...

Gun control is a loser issue for anyone in government unless all in the government stand collectively against us for politically fashionable reasons such as the circumstances that gave us the Patriot Act.

Can you say "false flag" ten times, fast?

Benton Co. in Oregon voted overwhelmingly for Obama in the first election, yet still has a very high per capita CHL possession rate. What does that mean?

That means there are probably more closet Libertarians in Benton County than Liberals or Republicans. A pro-gun Liberal is like a pro-gay rights Republican...do they exist? Yeah, but their own ideals are surpassing their morals. They need to shut off the TV and go outside once in a while and actually see what is going on for themselves. In this day and age with the internet and free information EVERYWHERE, you would think that people would be more intelligent- but they're not. They're all too busy playing Candy Crush and updating their Facebook page than giving a hoot about the next country we invade.

As has been said in this thread earlier, the Bush administration trashed the Bill of Rights with the so called Patriot Act far worse than anything accomplished by the Obama Administration so far...

You know Obama renewed it, right?

...yet I hear far less from the far right about the 4th amendment than I do the 2nd. Why not treat everything in the Bill of Rights as equally important?

Tell that to the ACLU!

The recent government shut down as the Republicans held the government hostage in a temper tantrum attempt to reverse the 2012 elections was far more contemptible to the rule of law and the Constitution than anything the Obama Admin has done and recent polling data would seem to support my statement.

Yes, because the shutdown had nothing to do with delaying ObamaCare for a year (like the business mandate) or over raising the debt ceiling...just the greedy Tea Party Republicans throwing a "tantrum" over the 2012 election...do you even watch anything past CNN?

One guy got a million breaks because his father was a legacy and the director of the C.I.A. and the other guy earned his was through. HUGE difference.

Have you seen obammys grades? then how do you know? Why are they a secret? They are that bad only conclusion. Earned as in living off the gov. Money other people gave to the gov in the form of taxes. I guess we have a different meaning of "earned"

That victim thing really does not get ones attention anymore.

Are you saying the first affirmative action pres. Historic just Historic Thats clearly a smart logical reason to vote him in.

Bless there hearts.

The first time he got voted in was because of affirmative action. The second time was because he was a better choice to the majority of voters than Romney.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top