JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so now that i have everybody's attention

i just picked up a cz pcr (75bd compact with an aluminum frame) for the boss. First two mags it shot great....... next 100 rounds it would fail to feed 75% of the time in her hands. It worked fine in my hands......... now before the limp wristing claims get tossed around. I took a video of her shooting to see if i was missing something, she was honestly pretty solid. Took it back to the store, the owner and i both looked it over seemed alright. He saw the video and even agreed her grip was solid. Now the magazines are clinton specials and when fully loaded the ammo rattles quite abit. ammo used was remington umc fmj 115gr and federal premium fmj 115 gr, both fed equally poorly

So my questions are what should i look for as far as spring tension on the mags and recoil springs? Any suggestions on gripping the gun, she used the same grip on ever other auto and never had a problem even my notoriously picky 75 compact in .40sw.

if nothing else anybody interested in a like new pcr for $400...i'll even let you shoot it before you buy it to make sure it likes you

barely...

i did some messing with it and my other cz compact 40... pretty sure i put the wrong slide stop in the wrong pistol. i changed them and it seems to be functioning properly. haven't shot it yet but as i said before it was perfect in my hands and not in the gf's. so its got to be her grip after doing some more digging.

If it shoots fine for you but not for her, it's limp wrist. It's not a gun problem.

As far as mags go, use MecGar mags or factory mags (which are actually the same mag). Anything else will probably suck. Lots of mags rattle when they're full so don't sweat that.

Sounds like you need to find a new toy for "the boss." Some guns are more sensitive to "Limp wrist" than others, so it might be a good idea to have "the boss" try out the next one before you buy.

I think a better test for limp wrist is to grab the shooters wrist or hand and hold it in position to see if it still jams. I had a GF who would get jams with a Glock, but by grabbing her wrist, demonstrated that she was limp wristing it. Using +p ammo also corrected it. Her solution was to switch to a SIG, but more shooting eventually corrected it. I dunno that video would show that, sometimes what causes a jam is pretty subtle.

I would recommend varying the grip a bit, tightening the grip on the lower fingers, getting a high grip, changing stance, trying different ammo, etc.

Are you using the same ammo when you are both shooting? You're not getting a smaller grain of bullet for her to shoot it are you?

Failures to feed are usually magazine problems...yes, she could be limp wristing the pistol before the repor of the recoil, causing it to malfunction- but you would also get stove pipes if she was the only cause.

Replace the mags/followers and springs...if it still does it then get her a Glock...lol

As the Boss continues to fire fatigue may set in? Check not only high/tight grip but extended arms and solid base. Chin forward of sternum, sternum forward of belt buckle. I have seen a lot of people counter balance pistols leaning back and had FTFs. If you can do toe raises in stance you are doing it right.

alright so good news, i just moved and i haven't had internet access! so i've had alot of extra time on my hands to get stuff done in the real world!

Even better news, turns out i was an idiot and got the slide stops switched between my compact 40 and pcr, and only one of the mags was bad.... the gf officially shots it better than i do. thanks for all the suggestions though.

Yes, the worng slide stop can cause the rounds to hang up a little.

Also , some people don't limp-wrist but actually ride the recoil like they see in the movies.
This has caused scores of let's say jams in Glock or other pistols over the year.

My wife has no problems with limp-wristing!

NancyPcr.jpg

Hey clarkston!

I am a member of the cz forum, but unfortunately its not quite as active as some of the other forums. I do remember cruising around it in the .40 compact section and saw a guy who had a 9mm compact d topend on a .40 compact b frame. He claimed to have shot it with good results, from what i've heard you're quite the cz expert. Do you think if a that combo was put together, and a machine was rigged to fire it (no humans around so no liability:winkkiss:) is it feasible?

Yes, I believe that some of my members have made such guns up out of two guns.

Like with a GLOCK 9 and .40s.

A person can go from .40 to 9, but not from 9 to 40.
I also think that the ejector is the same on both CZ calibers.

Sounds like something you might want to try out.

Let us know how it works for you.

KEV
czloverami.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads