JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, I'll play your game. What would these bad people do with a serial number from a firearm that they have no access to, and don't have a location or owner's name for?

I could have fun reporting you stole it from me. I even have the serial number.

So any gun you've seen in a gun case you could do the same thing 6 months down the road. or Oh no cop shows up you have all your info and moose goes to jail for filing a false report. What am I missing?

And how in the heck could it deceive someone to make a sale????

I don't black out mine when I sell anymore...

..and if I am going to buy a gun from a non-dealer I always call the S/N in to check if it is stolen.

No, you cannot do a BGC, but you can do a SN check

Yup. They want to legislate UBC when they can't even provide easy, voluntary non-FFL BGCs? Going from Not Possible to Mandatory seems to skip right over the Optional option.

Let's talk about the pros and cons of Optional BGCs for private sales.

"Easy" probably means one website visit, mobile, or fax exchange. Is this ID real and is the person prohibited? Sounds so simple.

If we want an optional system to be used, it needs to be safe and easy. Don't use the system against the voluntary users, and folks will use it.

How about a temporary use of photo of the buyer's photo ID instead of ink fingerprints and signatures in a FFL's 20-year book?

Data privacy frightens me, must confess.

If you, or the shop you bought it from have the records I do not see a problem, except for the person filing a false police report. I think it comes down to an unreasonable fear that some rationalize as reasonable. Different strokes for different folks. If it bothers you, block it. If it does not ... ?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top