JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased one of these:
http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/72/7150_Wall_Safe
7150.png

A wall safe by Sentry, model 7150.

Granted this is NOT the safest place to store my millions in gold and silver I figured that this would be a better route that what's happening now.

I ordered it from Target.com $80 with free shipping. Couldn't pass that up. Everywhere else online wanted $110-$120 without shipping.

It came boxed and wrapped in 95 layers of cardboard:
Photo Feb 23, 1 23 49 PM.jpg

First impression:
It's heavy for such a small thing.

Lock:
Dial combination that REQUIRES the key to unlock after you enter the proper combination in. No key: no entry.

Mounted it up. The back width is 14", with the front being 16". It fit between my studs with a little gap on one side. The gap isn't a real issue as using long enough lag bolts will fix any security issue. The safe comes with some small screws that honestly I wouldn't trust hanging my grandfathers rifle on the wall with. Those must be replaced.
Photo Feb 23, 1 54 55 PM.jpg Photo Feb 23, 1 55 28 PM.jpg

Why you ask. Why would anyone buy a cheap safe like this? Here are some answers:

My wifes necklaces, she has a one on today and there are a couple other scattered throughout the house. This is typical of how she keeps them. Hanging on a push pin somewhere. We may not have the most expensive stuff, but some of these have some value to us at least:
Photo Feb 23, 1 55 52 PM.jpg

Open, on a shelf. The empty box where her diamond stud earrings go. She must be wearing them today, or somebody stole them and we haven't noticed. They are sitting on a shelf in the bathroom.
Photo Feb 23, 1 56 07 PM.jpg

My son picked out a charm necklace for her on her birthday/valentines day. So there is $350+ sitting in a box on the table.
Photo Feb 23, 1 56 17 PM.jpg

Pearls?
Photo Feb 23, 1 56 24 PM.jpg
Sure, leave them on the counter. Again, some expensive stuff here, just lying around.

Maybe now she can store everything IN the safe except what she is WEARING...

I won't show what I covered the safe with, but pictures, mirrors can be easily hinged to the wide flange on the side of the wall safe and since the safe sits all but 1/8" out of the wall it's easy to hide it behind something.

I wouldn't store a Kimber 1911 inside the safe as a permanent solution that's what the actual GUN SAFE is for. I bought this as it's somewhere in between a cardboard box and the large gun safe when it comes to security. Something she has access to that's safe enough to deter and easy enough to hide.

Final thoughts:

Q: Would I buy again?
A: Yes, if it was the same cost

Downside:
Cannot change combination
Sheet metal but it's not thin like the Homak cabinets you buy at Bi-Mart, it is thicker. 16 gauge steel.
Must replace screws it comes with. They are small and .... suck!

Positives:
Cost
Ease of access
Flush mount
Easy as pie to put in- actually easier..

If this doesn't work and get her to start thinking of securing her valuables I'm going to start leaving guns lying around the house. Either she will get the hint and it will end quickly or I'll get in trouble for leaving them around the house. I should note that I have a full on heavy safe in a mobile home, unsupported from below (centered over a beam) for everything long term AND my quick access is in a small secured touch pad safe. Why shouldn't I expect the same from her that she asks of me.

If I don't respond to this thread or online again it's because she beat me and took away my internet privileges.

Photo Feb 23, 1 23 08 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 23, 1 23 49 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 23, 1 54 55 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 23, 1 55 28 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 23, 1 55 52 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 23, 1 56 07 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 23, 1 56 17 PM.jpg

7150.png

Photo Feb 23, 1 56 24 PM.jpg

Last Edited:
Well, Dyjital, it's a pretty cool little safe! If it doesn't work out as intended it would hold a number of boxes of ammo! Perhaps your premium ammo or, if you can afford them, maybe even .22LR!!! LOL!!!:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top