JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just found this thread, congrats on adding another Marine to our fine armed forces. No doubt you are proud. No doubt he has already learned a ton this past month.

Maybe not so well unfortunately. Ive been telling him for some time his push up form sucked but he likes to argue so ...He came up short on his initial PT test by 4 push ups and got sent over to the Pork Chop Platoon and of course theres a long period until the next group starts up so he's stuck in purgatory . Yeah, its his own fault but he's miserable. I'd love to give him some encouragement but communication is sparse.

Had a buddy when in that had spent 6mo at MCRD in the pig platoon. Lost a lot of weight but survived.
I was no athlete but I was skinny and wirey and scared determined to not spend even one extra day there!
I succeeded in that effort:). Hopefully his extra time will be brief and productive for him.

Maybe not so well unfortunately. Ive been telling him for some time his push up form sucked but he likes to argue so ...He came up short on his initial PT test by 4 push ups and got sent over to the Pork Chop Platoon and of course theres a long period until the next group starts up so he's stuck in purgatory . Yeah, its his own fault but he's miserable. I'd love to give him some encouragement but communication is sparse.
As the saying goes...live and learn. I'm betting he'll pull through and become stronger from the experience. Hopefully it instills a stronger drive in the young lad.

My son is currently serving at the Marine Corps Air Base in Yuma AZ as a ground support person. It's extremely HOT there! LOL.....but, I'm glad that he's there. Not because of his discomfort. But, because he is doing something for his country that he'll forever be a part of.

I wish you and your son well......as he starts out his "new life."

Aloha, Mark

Congratulations with your son. He will burn through the little set back if he wants it hard enough. Years ago I had to get into the best shape of my life to start taking, (and passing) fire fighting entrance exams physical fitness tests. I thought I was in shape.

WRONG. San Jose CA fire department cut me. I was astounded. What I did was get into even better shape. Ripped off a sub 30 minute 5 mile run. To my amazement several others finished AHEAD of me. I still got hired. Go figure. Long ago far away. Ancient history.

Very lucky I was. But my whole life has been like that. Go figure. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top