JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As first reported in New Mexico. 5 people shot to death, 2 adults 3 children Assault Weapon found at scene. This morning ( 1-22-13) on the news the boy used a 22 to kill his mom dad and sibs. Because he was mad at his mom. First, What's wrong with the kids today. Second, The News always has to SENSATIONALIZE ESPECIALLY when it come to Black Guns now?

AND that is the problem we have now more then anything!!!
Its not the TV..
Movies..
Video games..

Its the fact that the media over SENSATIONALIZE anything and everything negative about shooting!!

Hi, I am a nobody. I am nothing. No one knows who I am.. But if I do something even more horrif than that guy.. I will will be something!!

Mind you, I still think that parenting (or the lack there of) still has a lot to do with it..

Oh gosh no, it can't be the media's fault. Its never their fault. They are unbiased, fair minded folks only interested in reporting relevant news.

</Massive Sarcasm>

Its already been proven that reporting on suicides promotes more suicides. That fact doesnt stop them from reporting about them though, absences of malice and all that.

They have mouths to feed and advertisers to make happy. If it bleeds, it leads.

People are essentially lazy and it's much easier to let the television raise the little darlings! This is a generalization of course and it seems to be some what cyclical, that is, if one generation is lenient the next is restrictive. More and more some folks abdicate their responsibilitys while others mollycoddle their kids to death (look at the stunning rise of asthma and allergies as just one example). Maybe this is just a pessimistic morning but I think that we are in real trouble! The people who were raised by the media are now running that same media! And they are very slick and clever about how they do it.

It's all about the mainstream media carrying the emotional torch for their hero Obama. No secret the media leans hard left. The liberal left agenda is to disarm private citizen. With the re-election of our king, it's full steam ahead, the truth be damned if it doesn't fit the agenda. Any special interest that gets in the way will be crushed.

First, What's wrong with the kids today.

Maybe better asked, "what's wrong with young men today?"

I've been studying this issue because it seems that all major shootings were from young men nearing or in their twenties. What's happening to our young men to cause them to strike out against society? Are we, as men, doing enough to mentor our young men?

This is an interesting article about the confusion young men face in dating and moving into adulthood:

Why Are Men Angry: Manning Up Author Kay Hymowitz Explains - The Daily Beast

If you're getting your information from the tv, you're doing it wrong.

TV's are for entertainment purposes only

elvis-shoots-tv.jpg

If the media is responsible for deifying morally reprehensible acts/people and we believe that broadcasting that image to certain receptive individuals in our society inspires them to commit morally reprehensible acts to satisfy some deranged desire, what would we have the media do?

My first reaction is "Invest heavily in a working moral compass and show some bubbleguming discretion for once in your GD life." Businesses are choosing left and right to completely divest themselves of all things gun-related thinking it's the right thing to do. How is continuing to glorify murderers the right thing to do? Why aren't we in the streets outside news stations asking for this stop? Our lives and our children's lives are at great risk because of it. No one likes being told what NOT to do so, here it is: praise the heroes, the first responders, and most importantly anyone who gave their life attempting to stop these madmen. I can only imagine my grandfather and his generation would be rolling over their graves about how morally backwards this all is. I don't want to know who the murderer was, bubblegum that guy. Have his name stricken from humanity. Give him a number for the researchers to pour over his life and hopefully produce some good data on what's going on with these people.

Don't get me wrong, there's still news to be had if reported responsibly, but what's going on is just insane. The fact that the media created so much fuel for conspiracy theories by making frenzied, inaccurate, and false statements in a hurry just to get a story out goes to show how abysmal the situation is.

Mind you, I still think that parenting (or the lack there of) still has a lot to do with it..

when we as parents get so wrapped up in our jobs or lives that we forget kids, they will find things to keep them busy. I have always believed kids need family. If mom and dad dont act like family, they will run off to gangs. I also feel we as a society desensitized alot of horriable things. I never had toy guns as a kid, and dads reason was the association. I am getting to believe Air soft is good training. Get shot and feel the pain. It will give you a sensation of what it feels like. All the gun games are desensatizing the effect of shooting someone. RESET start over the level at the begining. Its not like that in real life.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top