JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently have a stripped semi auto M14 type receiver that I want to have a barrel installed and headspaced. Under the new state law can I still pack it off and receive it back without hassels?

Washington allows owners to send receivers to federally-licensed (FFL) gunsmiths and receive them back directly. Under the current law it is unclear about sending "semi automatic assault rifles" to a FFL gunsmith and having it returned without the 1639 procedures so I personally won't be testing those waters. BF4C9525-097C-4159-A076-EC4BBB741D30.jpeg 871B6CF7-9DFB-45E3-8B4C-011DBEC4CC4F.jpeg

Is it considered a transfer if you already own the "receiver" firearm, and you are sending it to a federally licensed gunsmith solely for the purpose of service repair, or the return of the "receiver" firearm to its owner by the federally licensed gunsmith ?

Is it considered a transfer if you already own the "receiver" firearm, and you are sending it to a federally licensed gunsmith solely for the purpose of service repair, or the return of the "receiver" firearm to its owner by the federally licensed gunsmith ?
RCW9.41.113 specifically allows the owner to send a firearm to a licensed gunsmith and receive it back directly to his home without any background check.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top