Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sending my newly acquired used gun back to factory, HOW??

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by joel4sale, May 29, 2012.

1. joel4sale

joel4sale Renton, WA Member

So I am about to buy a used Bushmaster rifle from one of the local individual (Washington). The guy is original owner. Everything seems good except one problem. The gun need a trip back to Bushmaster for a recall repair which Bushmaster will pay for the shipping. From what I read, Bushmaster will issue you a UPS return shipping tag and just send the complete rifle back to Bushmaster via UPS and it will be back to my door step in 3 weeks.

Is it really that simple?? Do I need to send it out via FFL and have Bushmaster return the gun to a FFL?? Or do I have to have a FFL transfer the gun to my name before I send it out??

2. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Bushmaster has an FFL. Call them, they will give you instructions. They will then send it back to YOU. ( or at least that has been my experience with manufacturers repairs, and that was a handgun )

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

There is NO transfer of ownership so NO FFL needed. You are sending YOUR gun for repair, YOUR gun is coming back to YOU.

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

why mess it with. Buy the gun after the owner gets the issue fixed. I would get it done before sellling it, but then I have high personal ethics.

kburr64 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. joel4sale

joel4sale Renton, WA Member

Thanks guys, looks like I should be able to just box her up, UPS her to Bushmaster and wait for her to come back to her new home.
    Appreciate the help and quick answer!
    I personally is debating if I should try to talk the owner into sending her out and buy it after.......But I want it NOW!!!