JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

They are claiming the low recoil .22 variants for training are directly aimed towards kids since ads depict children leaning on them. Even if they were, an adult has to purchase and basically supervise a child with a firearm.. I don't really see why they think this is a strong angle.

As if kids can just walk into a gun shop, slap down some allowance money and pick up a brand new .22 cal rifle.. Can't wait for little Timmy to get his first tec9 next.

Akin to flavored tabbacco products and it somehow being geared towards kids and not simply new flavor profiles that adults enjoy.

"The last thing we need to be doing is shrinking deadly weapons of war and marketing them to young children," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said at the press conference.

I forgot that our WW2 vets stormed the beaches of Normandy with .22LR

1675104559667.png

They are 'grabbing at straws' and doing nothing more than trying to skew the issues with statements like, 'and marketing them to young children', in the hope this will confuse more antis into some sort of abstract thought about age and gun purchases.

Yeah, because keeping children ignorant about potentially deadly stuff is a good thing, no more teaching them to swim because water is dangerous and more drown than are killed by guns, just pretend there is no poison under the sink, let TicTok teach them "the blackout challenge" and Alexa to encourage 10-year-old children to touch a coin to the prongs of a half-inserted plug.

They've completely missed the plot. Shocker!!

Teaching a child during their most formative years are lessons the most deeply embedded that they will carry with them throughout their entire lives.

Having the proper instructive tools available is critical to success. I'm glad they made a stink about it though! Now they've made me aware of the new offering Imma gonna get one! The grandkids will love it!!

Thanks woketards!! :s0155:

Teaching a child during their most formative years are lessons the most deeply embedded that they will carry with them throughout their entire lives.
This is true however and I am NOT on the Woketards side but we can still teach them. There are plenty of other 'instructive tools' in our safes to use.

My previous post still applies regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is true however and I am NOT on the Woketards side but we can still teach them. There are plenty of other 'instructive tools' in our safes to use.
I fully agree with you. One of our "go to's" with the youngins has always been a henry's lever 22 specifically because we already know the first hunting rifle they will use will be a winchester 30-30. Easily transitional and familiar.

With the JR-15, that could also be a very transitional firearm along the same lines.

I didn't mean so much that we "couldn't" still teach our children, but that having a transitional firearm for instruction certainly makes it easier. Or at the very least, being able to introduce them to a variety of easily transitional platforms is an added bonus.

I believe it also helps encourage personal interest, which in turn lends to better attention and retention of what they are being taught. I mean... what young person doesn't want to be shooting a firearm "just like mom'n'dad''s", right? So the theory goes.....

Literally whoring for campaign $$ from Bloomberg and other gun grabbers. Support children's choices or it's hate. These lawmakers have no idea what they've signed.

Actually, they are scared these kids won't be afraid of firearms and will know they are being lied to. There's the difference between Woke and being Awake.

Just wait......
Until one of those WEAPONS Of WAR is used in a mass shooting. The victims and families will use the advertising as proof that the gun manufacturer (actually advertising) was targeting to "impressionable young minds".

OMG......I hope no one ever sees those ads for a military service, where someone is armed.

Yeah. That......might just make them want to join up.

Aloha, Mark

When I was growing up as a boy my favorite toys were guns. Many of them made to look like Military stuff from shows that made the US Military look like the good guys. Before old enough to start school I was going to an old gravel pit with my Dad to shoot. For some reason NONE of use took guns to school to shoot the place up. If we had a gun at school it was to show off the new acquisition or shoot or hunt after school for those of us who had a vehicle. So of course one party now is going to freak out if anyone makes a gun sized to help kids learn to shoot. Since to these morons the people who turn to guns for crime would never have done this for any other reason. When you ask these morons why no one in my age group was shooting up schools they promptly change the subject and or ignore you and start screaming rhetoric.

If....I really thought that this was actually about safety and kids....
I would point out that ...
A firearm that "fits" the size of the person shooting it is safer , since they can use and reach any mechanical safety...
As well as handling the firearm easier.

However....
I am not naive enough to think or believe that this is actually about safety.

Teach your children well...teach 'em how and when to safely handle and use firearms.
Teach 'em to respect themselves , others and life itself.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top