JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Checkout this US Senate bill at the link below. It was submitted 22 years ago, and went no where back then. But there are now a couple of Senators asking that it be re-introduced, and that it is what is now needed to address the current "gun violence epidemic" that they claim is sweeping the nation.

This bill shows how very extreme many members of the Congress want to go with gun control. And that these feelings are by no means new. They have wanted to do this now for decades.

The bill states:

That Handgun owners must be licensed by the states that they live in.

That the Federal Excise Tax on Ammunition be raised from 10% to 30%, and that Handgun Ammunition be taxed at 50% ( it defines Handgun ammo as any ammo less than 1.3 inches long, or specifically designed to be used in a handgun. ) .22 LR would thus be taxed at 50%.

That individuals who have committed ANY crimes that involve the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against another person be prohibited from possessing firearms. This would include even minor misdemeanor Assault convictions, or even simply using threatening speech.

That it would be unlawful for anyone to own more than 20 firearms, or possess more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition, without first obtaining a Federal Arsenal License at a cost of $300, and good for 3 years. In order to obtain this license or have it renewed, the applicant must submit a letter to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms from their local police chief or county sheriff, stating that the applicant has not exhibited any propensity for violence, instability, or disregard of the law.

That the BATF would have the right to inspect any licensed gun owners firearms and ammunition unannounced, up to 3 times a year.

That a FFL would be required for any business to sell ammunition.

Redefines the legal term of firearm to not just being the receiver of a gun, but instead as being "receiver, barrel, stock, ammunition magazine, or any part of the action". Want to buy new stock, barrel, or even a magazine for your rifle? You would then have to go through all the same paperwork as buying a new gun.

That the possession or transfer of any of the following will become prohibited, and must be surrendered for destruction. They include:

'(A) a firearm muffler or firearm silencer

'(B) a short-barreled shotgun

'(C) a short-barreled rifles

'(D) any destructive device

'(E) any semiautomatic firearm with assault weapon characteristics;

'(F) all Saturday-night-special handguns; ( defined as any small and lightweight handguns in calibers .22 short, .22LR, .25 ACP, or .32 ACP )

'(G) non-sporting ammunition

'(H) any large-capacity ammunition feeding device. ( Defined as any detachable magazine capable of holding more than 6 rounds. ) So even possession of 10 round magazines would become illegal.

========================================

So this is the sort of thinking that is now being currently revived in the US Congress. As you can see, these folks have a very ambitious agenda. And they are certainly going all in for gun control, in the coming election.

Although this is an old bill, I think that it gives valuable insight into the thinking of the enemies of the 2nd Amendment, and what they may attempt to achieve next year.

Here is a link to the Bill itself:

Text of S. 1878 (103rd): Gun Violence Prevention Act of 1994 (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/103/s1878/text)

Last Edited:
Maybe this is dumb question, but did we have a gun violence problem in 1994? I sure don't remember one, but back then I didn't feel the need to carry as I do now; which isn't because my friends or neighbors have guns.

Maybe this is dumb question, but did we have a gun violence problem in 1994? I sure don't remember one, but back then I didn't feel the need to carry as I do now; which isn't because my friends or neighbors have guns.
It's because our society has devolved since then. Now we are cohabitating with Muslim Terrorists that want to destroy our way of life... And our governments have offered zero protection...

I personally have carried every day since the Clackamas Town Center shooting...

Never heard the term "Saturday-night-special handguns" before. Interesting.
You must be a young person. Saturday night special was an earlier buzz word,(like assault weapon is today) those of us with a little bit of grey on the temples remember all the buzz words of the anti gunners from years past, here are a just a few from days gone by that the Nazi party members in DC have tried to ban. As mentioned earlier "Saturday night special" definition: any small cheap handgun. "Dum Dum bullet" definition: any expanding bullet (Yes they wanted to ban them) "Cop Killer bullet" definition: Any non expanding bullet. Are you sensing a pattern here? Now its "Assault weapons" and "High capacity magazine clips" And don't foget the evil "lead bullets that destroy the environment" The anti American, pro Communist that keep getting elected in DC. And all along the west coast will not stop until every firearm is removed from the hands of every man and woman in the country, if you think your hunting rifles are safe, think again, those scoped guns are "evil sniper rifles" in the eyes of the liberals.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top