JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wake me when someone has a real threat to gun or hunter rights to report. And please don't ring the bell because of something you heard on talk radio or Fox commentary or someone's goofy blog. Check it first for facts and determine there's something real to worry about. Then ring the bell. Some of us try to live in a fact-based, reality-based, kook-free world. And we have lives to lead that don't involve freaking out over things we hear or read on the internet.

Since your multiple degrees and several published books (how many copies sold, again? Not counting your students, who have no choice) leave you head and shoulders above the fray, you should be intelligent enough to give us morons a break. Sorry to interrupt your flow of reality-based thought.

Y'know, I get really steamed when people like yourself condescend. This attitude of "I know best and you're a kook" is how this whole mess got started. See my earlier post.

Wake me when someone has a real threat to gun or hunter rights to report. And please don't ring the bell because of something you heard on talk radio or Fox commentary or someone's goofy blog. Check it first for facts and determine there's something real to worry about. Then ring the bell. Some of us try to live in a fact-based, reality-based, kook-free world. And we have lives to lead that don't involve freaking out over things we hear or read on the internet.

Oh... so now the second largest firearm advocacy group in the nation is full of liars. Interesting. We’ve provided sources for our information on several occasions, yet you still insist on ignoring that fact and claiming it's from some random "blog" or what not. Also interesting.

As to threats to our liberties – are you aware of the quote:

“Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty--power is ever stealing from the many to the few.”

Most of us on here are just being vigilant. You seem to be of the sleep on the couch until people are actually getting rounded up crowd implying laziness at best.

When it comes to my rights and liberties, I’m a fairly “no compromise” sort of guy. I pick my battles, but any time an individual is nominated for a position that can have direct bearing on my freedoms and human rights, I’m going to investigate and respond appropriately. I refuse to wait until that person is confirmed and they have legislation, policy, or action pending to start sounding the call. Once events have proceeded to that level it’s frequently too late and if disaster can be averted the cost will be much higher than it would have been if action had been taken at the outset.

Since your multiple degrees and several published books (how many copies sold, again? Not counting your students, who have no choice) leave you head and shoulders above the fray, you should be intelligent enough to give us morons a break. Sorry to interrupt your flow of reality-based thought.

Y'know, I get really steamed when people like yourself condescend. This attitude of "I know best and you're a kook" is how this whole mess got started. See my earlier post.

Typical elitism. The problem is when someone goes from thinking “I’m good at this” or “I’m better at this than most people” to “I’m better than most people” period.

Typical elitism. The problem is when someone goes from thinking "I'm good at this" or "I'm better at this than most people" to "I'm better than most people" period.

Isn't that the point of this whole thread? "We're normal and Cass Sunstein is a kook"? My point: I'm no Cass Sunstein supporter, but he's a well-respected scholar, and many of the posts in this forum evidence a kookishness that Sunstein will never be able to touch. I've offered to provide examples, but you know I don't need to.

And who was it who started the elitist business of bragging about his Ph.D. from a "top ten" school, the patents and technical papers? I do believe that was fingolfen. What an elitist.

More importantly, this whole thread is a waste of ammo. Give it up. Sunstein is going to be an important government official, and you'll still be sitting around in your underwear screeching (or blogging) about non-existent communist threats to American's youth or how somebody is going to outlaw hunting. Yeah, right. So who's the kook?

Isn't that the point of this whole thread? "We're normal and Cass Sunstein is a kook"? My point: I'm no Cass Sunstein supporter, but he's a well-respected scholar, and many of the posts in this forum evidence a kookishness that Sunstein will never be able to touch. I've offered to provide examples, but you know I don't need to.

And who was it who started the elitist business of bragging about his Ph.D. from a "top ten" school, the patents and technical papers? I do believe that was fingolfen. What an elitist.

More importantly, this whole thread is a waste of ammo. Give it up. Sunstein is going to be an important government official, and you'll still be sitting around in your underwear screeching (or blogging) about non-existent communist threats to American's youth or how somebody is going to outlaw hunting. Yeah, right. So who's the kook?

Nothin' new here, keep walkin' folks.....:s0161:

No. The point of this whole thread is an individual who holds views well outside the mainstream is getting ready to be put in a position of power by the current administration.

Actually, no, it was you who insisted on posting Sunstein's credentials in an effort to stiffle debate and discussion.

I don't think I ever used the word communist, so now you're fabricating strawmen to debate rather than participating in the discussion as it has unfolded here.

If you don't believe that there are individuals out there that would like to ban hunting or guns, then you're blind.

If you don't believe some of those self-same individuals have been or will be tapped by the current administration to serve in posts where they could do serious damage, you're just fooling yourself.

Honestly, I really question how much you really value your rights and freedoms. All this "let it slide" talk really reminds me of the mindset that let groups like the Nazi's come to power in Germany. As long as you perceive that someone else's ox is the one getting gored, you simply don't seem to care.

If you don't care, that's fine, but don't deride the rest of us if we actually get upset and try to DO something when we perceive a threat to our rights, freedoms, and liberties... just go back to sleep on the couch or continue to close your eyes and cover your ears in your ivory tower... just don't come running to us when it's time for your ox to get gored...

CEF1959 you have been asked specific questions. Are you going to be the typical leftist and ignore them and concentrate on defaming the source of information instead of the validity of the information?

My guess is yes! :s0155:

CEF1959 the members here and their perceived kookiness is irrelevant.

i used the link and sent e-mails , i will now something else my wife will be asking me what else i am doing on the computer, we all need to use these resources to be heard ,

" when the people fear the government it's called tyranny "

" when the government fear the people it's called liberty "

You all must remember that great Harvard Professor Timothy Leary back in the 1960's. He too, like lots of recent Harvard and other Ivy league government appointments were professors with distinguished careers. He had a lot of influence on lots of people who enjoyed his speech and mind altering drugs-LSD--given rise to millions of psychiatric patients. Yup, some of the Ivy league graduates and professors like Leary have out of this world mind altering beliefs. This guy seem to be no different.

If the word kook was not used and something else used such as a person who believes outside of the mainstream. Would this argument have even started?

Can we have a vote to ban CEF? Seriously?

Tired of seeing his posts.

I am too but not sure about the ban. He is either doing it to anger all of you or he believes himself.

CEF before you respond all of your post show or support that we have no problem with firearms and they are not in danger of being lost or losing more rights. Everybody in Obama's admin has voted in the past to ban guns and pass more laws. Obama has voted for every anti-gun law and they keep talking about what they can do to do more to take away our rights. I personally don't believe you are a 2A rights person and if you lost all gun rights that would not bother you either but that is just a guess on my part. My theory really supports my beliefs because of your posts.

Banning for dissenting views or just being contrary is a slipery slope.

I value all oppinions, some more then others.
Got my vote!

I've read this entire thread, and he's the only Kook here.

Ban the Kook, and let him pasture with the rest of them!

Frog.

If you're tired of his posts - don't read them... The last thing we should do is stiffle free speech...

OPINE;
Express one's opinion openly and without fear or hesitation.

We can't defend the 2nd and ignore the 1st......:s0155:

First Amendment - Religion and Expression

Amendment Text | Annotations

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

OPINE;
Express one's opinion openly and without fear or hesitation.

We can't defend the 2nd and ignore the 1st......:s0155:

First Amendment - Religion and Expression

Amendment Text | Annotations

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

==========================================================

I appreciate your sentiments.

NWFA is a private forum, freedom of speech laws do not apply here.

We all post at Joey Link's pleasure and we abide by his rules.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top