Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Senate Shoots Down UN Small Arms Treaty

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by fredball, Jul 17, 2013.

1. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

In a 53-46 vote the Senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering

into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. The Statement of Purpose from the bill read:To uphold

Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms

Trade Treaty. The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration,

would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would

have affected all private gun owners in the U.S., and had language that would have implemented an

international gun registry on all private guns and ammo. Astonishingly, 46 of our United States Senators

were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power. Here are the 46 Senators that

voted to give your rights to the U.N.

Baldwin (D-WI),

Baucus (D-MT),
    Bennet (D-CO),
    Blumenthal (D-CT),
    Boxer (D-CA),
    Brown (D-OH),

Cantwell (D-WA),
    Cardin (D-MD),
    Carper (D-DE),
    Casey (D-PA),
    Coons (D-DE),
    Cowan (D-MA),

Durbin (D-IL),
    Feinstein (D-CA),
    Franken (D-MN),
    Gillibrand (D-NY),
    Harkin (D-IA),
    Hirono (D-HI),

Johnson (D-SD),
    Kaine (D-VA),
    King (I-ME),
    Klobuchar (D-MN),
    Landrieu (D-LA),
    Leahy (D-VT),

Levin (D-MI),
    McCaskill (D-MO),
    Menendez (D-NJ),
    Merkley (D-OR),
    Mikulski (D-MD),
    Murphy (D-CT),

Murray (D-WA),
    Nelson (D-FL),
    Reed (D-RI),
    Reid (D-NV),
    Rockefeller (D-WV),
    Sanders (I-VT),

Schatz (D-HI),
    Schumer (D-NY),
    Shaheen (D-NH),
    Stabenow (D-MI),
    Udall (D-CO),
    Udall (D-NM),

Warner (D-VA),
    Warren (D-MA),
    Whitehouse (D-RI),
    Wyden (D-OR)

AMAZING, they are dumb *** Democrats

People this needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN take our guns. They need to lose

the election. We have been betrayed.

46 Senators Voted to Give your 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the UN.

Those that up up for re-election next time should be voted out of office. I'm tired of having them say

they represent me, and ignore me. We need to figure out how to overcome the apathy of the

American Citizen.
    We cannot depend on others for or own protection. We cannot trade "feeling safe" for our privacy.

If any of your Senators voted for this......get them out of office.

biggie24420, rocky3, Taku and 5 others like this.
  2. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

46 people should be hung....period!

3. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

Jeff Merkley and Ron Wyden must go. Merkley had some good ideas, but his left-wing adoration is nauseating. I wish we would leave the UN, but it ain't gonna happen. Whatever happened to Moderate Politicians?

4. RW-Ore

RW-Ore Oregon Well-Known Member

I would vote for anyone who would run against those two.

5. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Hanged.
    Clothes and pictures get hung.

Uniquely, people are the only things that get hanged.
    Hanged means death by hanging.

Hanged vs. hung - Grammarist
    Sorry to be a grammar nazzi, but it was one of mom's pet peeves.

6. soyeah

soyeah WA New Member

I sincerely don't want to derail this thread, but the spelling nazi in me feels compelled to point out the irony of finding a misspelled word in a post about correct grammar usage. :laugh: I've been known to overlook a typo now and then myself, so I certainly don't mean to offend anyone. Just thought it was funny.

Detour complete, now back to the topic...

7. peetar

peetar Kitsap County Active Member

According to some folks on here there is no agenda to take our gun rights away by the Obongo admin. They will be physically taking away our guns and while they are doing it, the libs will be screaming "we aren't taking your guns away--what you see happening is not happening"

8. Jamie6.5

Actually, I spelled it that way on purpose.
    I thought Nazi was one of those words the filter turned into bubblegum.

9. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

And attempts to destroy a thread with typo fix crap isn't cool either, but its their way. Anything to damage credibility is the Alinsky way. There are several of them nesting on the NWF forum.

peetar and (deleted member) like this.
  10. cueball1214

cueball1214 Beaverton Active Member

We need to sweep these people out. Most politicians were bought and sold long ago. I feel we could reduce a lot of these un-Americana bills form even being considered if we put term limits on these people!

biggie24420 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. peetar

We need to get rid of the alinsky crowd in DC and on the forum. These folks are popping up everywhere lately. Time to start flushing them out into the sunlight.

Taku, Redcap, Blitzkrieg and 3 others like this.
  12. U201491

That is long past due ! :thumbup:

peetar and (deleted member) like this.
  13. U201491

They truly are, but very easy to recognize. They cant keep their mouths shut and constantly disrupt good threads that hit their subversive causes. Every pro US, pro Constitution forum and comment site has them. They try to blend, but easily exposed. They live within the Alinsky Rules for anarchists and that is the most recognizable tactic that they use.
    I urge everyone to read it and learn to recognize their methods.
    They live in municipal to fed gov positions and on every pro us and pro constitution and conservative forum and comment area on the web. Learn to recognize and hit them head on.

14. cueball1214

Another point is i think that a lot of the population has put our rights and the constitution in the back seat to comfort. Freedom is not free, its not cheep, and its not easy. But now a days it seems that if some one is going to give you free stuff, a false sense of security, or promise you a higher wage even if you don't have a skill set. The UN to most is a organization that is there to help the poor and needy, but what they don't see is that it is a organization of countries that want to control other countries. They want to be the final rule on any kind of international policy. I do not want people form different countries dictating what rights i can or can not have as an American! I don't want troops from another country in our country under the guise of international safety. We have police and the National Guard for that. Honestly i feel the UN can go Bubblegum off!

15. DireWolf

DireWolf Oregon Active Member

I am somewhat surprised that indictments of death on public officials are allowed on a firearm forum.

JGRuby and (deleted member) like this.
  16. peetar

I am surprised that you have not reported back to your supervisor at Stasi HQ yet.

17. billstaf

billstaf Portland, Oregon Active Member

Not cool. We are a nation of laws (or so they tell us anyway). We basically quit hanging people with whom we disagree 100 years or so ago. there is nothing to be gained by returning to those days.

If you don't like the way some senator or representative votes, then work to oust them from office. Elect a better person. That is how we do it these days. Leave the hanging to the banana republics.

JGRuby, peetar, Taku and 3 others like this.
  18. peetar

We quit hanging people and started killing them with drone strikes. Hmmmm.

19. cueball1214

Touche

20. Jamie6.5

Well you know, I think if an elected official shows a tendency to support the U.N. instead of the U.S. and our constitution, that a case could be made against said official for treason.
    And I do believe that those convicted of treason are subject to the death penalty.

biggie24420, Brutus57, timac and 5 others like this.