Washington Senate Law and Justice hearing

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by Wayne, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Wayne

Wayne
    Near Tacoma

2. Sporting Systems

Sporting Systems
    Vancouver
    Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

additional hearings

oly.jpg

Caveman Jim, ravenswood and Wayne like this.
  3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    Fish killer....
    Kokanee Slayer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

I will wear my orange shirt.
    20180323_191807.jpg

Slobray, nwslopoke, Taco_lean and 2 others like this.
  4. Boss

Boss
    USA

BTT.

5. swwjeff

swwjeff
    Fort Vancouver, USA

What is sb5992 ? Binary triggers and such are already illegal in Washington as far as I knew ?

6. cascadian

cascadian
    Tacoma, WA

Looks like the hi cap mag ban is going to pass the Senate. Also, it looks like 'training' is going to be required for CPLs, if the presumptive language passes the Senate

Time to help them understand what 'impaired' means in the state constitution.

And... it's an indication to me that they are pretty sure that 1639 is going to be struck down in it's entirety and are trying to get what they can legislatively

Taco_lean likes this.
  7. slimmer13

slimmer13
    Deer Park

8. surevaliance

surevaliance
    Auburn WA

I did not see NRA helping WA before (I-594, I-1639), so I am not expecting them to help us now as well as NRA spends equal amount of money on lobbyists and on their Chairman's salary.
    Greetings to all freshly outlawed WA gun owners!

9. slimmer13

slimmer13
    Deer Park

So you're not going to use their link to comment to the members of the law and justice committee your views of these laws? Ok

Pete F and billdeserthills like this.
  10. Wayne

Wayne
    Near Tacoma

Thanks, sure makes it easy.

kellkian likes this.
  11. Capn Jack

Capn Jack
    Wet-Stern Washington
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Done, but I expect the usual placebo from their office in return. :(
    The Demos in office don't have a mind of their own. They're all
    in lock-step with the Soros money.:mad:

billdeserthills and Caveman Jim like this.
  12. User 1234

User 1234
    Pierce County

I submitted my custom message.

13. Boss

Boss
    USA

Hopefully you're sharing this with EVERYONE you know and every forum you're on.

Regardless of the source, it's a useful tool.

BOSS

Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    Fish killer....

I was at the Rally today with @Slobray, sure wish that a few more could have planned to take the day off... Lots of us older folks got your back.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Slobray likes this.
  15. whitney

whitney
    Poulsbo, Kitsap County

Here is a little fodder to get you started writing this weekend.
    ~Whitney
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Gun owners are not represented yet we are asked repeatedly to compromise. The idea of compromise suggests some give and take from all interested parties yet the reality is gun owners have repeatedly been required to capitulate. The legislation introduced again this session serves only to further erode the rights of law abiding citizens.

I am empathetic to those who call for more gun control that has of late been re-branded as gun safety. Gun control is not gun safety and to argue otherwise is simply ignorant. Those like Bob Ferguson who insist for further control of so called large capacity magazines, age restrictions or other limitations are merely the siren call to the uninformed or easily malleable to heed his call.

Bob Ferguson sat in front of the Judiciary on January 15 2018 and through a lie of omission stated how easy it was to purchase so called assault weapons and then called for further restrictions on purchasing them. When this omission was brought to the attention of the committee, with the exception of one person it was dismissed. During this same session the Chair of the Judiciary publicly
    called for someone to provide a definition of an assault weapon.

There is a difference between ignorance and obstinacy, notwithstanding the mandate to protect the rights of the people, there are some in the legislature and executive that simply want to pursue an agenda. The ideas that further restrictions will somehow make us safer are bigoted ideas that are presumably protected by the bill of rights. If this were a discussion about abortion or gay rights it would be over before it ever got started. When will the legislature start protecting the rights of gun owners? Is it because we are a minority group of citizens? Citizens like Senator Jamie Pedersen or Representative Laurie Jinkins? I believe rather, it is for political or personal gain.

One of my district representatives forwarded a personal email of mine to the office of the Attorney General requesting clarification of something I had written about the fundamental principals of firearms. So instead of simply asking me what I meant the following query was sent; “ I don’t quite get the constituent’s point as he seems to be against the law. Perhaps that the definition includes some but not others and is therefore ineffective anyway (?)” The email was subsequently discussed between Shani Bauer and Yasmin Trudeau, who while recalling a meeting with Senator Frokt stated, it was mentioned you [Trudeau] have a gun expert at the Attorney General’s Office who was instrumental in drafting definition of assault weapon. You can imagine my surprise when I received my own email in my own public records request.

Upon reading this I quickly sent another request to the office of the AG asking for electronic copies of documentation asserting a qualification or certification declaring Assistant Attorney Generals Matthew Thomas and July Simpson as firearms experts. Not surprisingly the Director of Public Records & Constituent Services were unable to locate any documents responsive to my request.

That Bob Ferguson, or anyone else from the AG office is calling for a ban on the so called high capacity magazines, training, or other limitations in the name of public safety does not make him an expert on firearms or public safety. These people do not represent the citizens of Washington.

What we are talking about here are the rights of citizens that can be traced and attributed to not only State and National Constitutions but to Magna Carta. You have failed as legislators, you have failed as statesmen. You should all be ashamed to call yourselves either.

Very Respectfully,
    Whitney
    >>>>>>>>.Edit>>>>>>>
    I was asked if I would share aforementioned email, to which I replied, "yes".

Following is a link to my dropbox file.
    Dropbox - My Mail to the AG.pdf

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  16. billdeserthills

billdeserthills
    Cave Creek, Arizony

Me too, I just erased the first sentence cause I'm not a resident anyhow

17. Boss

Boss
    USA

Thank you.

Hopefully this was the first of several, including a BIG, well planned weekend rally alotta folks will make a priority.

Boss

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. kellkian

kellkian
    tacoma

Perhaps a list of people to contact and phone chain to include more citizens. I would volunteer.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  19. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    Fish killer....

I didn't go alone, @Slobray came too. Always good to have a closed captioner for those quiet speakers...:D
    I'm hoping that a weekend will bring out more actual gun owners and the fence sitters.

Slobray likes this.
  20. kellkian

kellkian
    tacoma

Done and done again

Slobray and Boss like this.