JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
49938008_2058060727564227_4535596377811451904_o.jpg

Looks like the hi cap mag ban is going to pass the Senate. Also, it looks like 'training' is going to be required for CPLs, if the presumptive language passes the Senate

Time to help them understand what 'impaired' means in the state constitution.

And... it's an indication to me that they are pretty sure that 1639 is going to be struck down in it's entirety and are trying to get what they can legislatively

I did not see NRA helping WA before (I-594, I-1639), so I am not expecting them to help us now as well as NRA spends equal amount of money on lobbyists and on their Chairman's salary.
Greetings to all freshly outlawed WA gun owners!

I did not see NRA helping WA before (I-594, I-1639), so I am not expecting them to help us now as well as NRA spends equal amount of money on lobbyists and on their Chairman's salary.
Greetings to all freshly outlawed WA gun owners!

So you're not going to use their link to comment to the members of the law and justice committee your views of these laws? Ok

Hopefully you're sharing this with EVERYONE you know and every forum you're on.

Regardless of the source, it's a useful tool.

BOSS

Here is a little fodder to get you started writing this weekend.
~Whitney
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Gun owners are not represented yet we are asked repeatedly to compromise. The idea of compromise suggests some give and take from all interested parties yet the reality is gun owners have repeatedly been required to capitulate. The legislation introduced again this session serves only to further erode the rights of law abiding citizens.

I am empathetic to those who call for more gun control that has of late been re-branded as gun safety. Gun control is not gun safety and to argue otherwise is simply ignorant. Those like Bob Ferguson who insist for further control of so called large capacity magazines, age restrictions or other limitations are merely the siren call to the uninformed or easily malleable to heed his call.

Bob Ferguson sat in front of the Judiciary on January 15 2018 and through a lie of omission stated how easy it was to purchase so called assault weapons and then called for further restrictions on purchasing them. When this omission was brought to the attention of the committee, with the exception of one person it was dismissed. During this same session the Chair of the Judiciary publicly
called for someone to provide a definition of an assault weapon.

There is a difference between ignorance and obstinacy, notwithstanding the mandate to protect the rights of the people, there are some in the legislature and executive that simply want to pursue an agenda. The ideas that further restrictions will somehow make us safer are bigoted ideas that are presumably protected by the bill of rights. If this were a discussion about abortion or gay rights it would be over before it ever got started. When will the legislature start protecting the rights of gun owners? Is it because we are a minority group of citizens? Citizens like Senator Jamie Pedersen or Representative Laurie Jinkins? I believe rather, it is for political or personal gain.

One of my district representatives forwarded a personal email of mine to the office of the Attorney General requesting clarification of something I had written about the fundamental principals of firearms. So instead of simply asking me what I meant the following query was sent; " I don't quite get the constituent's point as he seems to be against the law. Perhaps that the definition includes some but not others and is therefore ineffective anyway (?)" The email was subsequently discussed between Shani Bauer and Yasmin Trudeau, who while recalling a meeting with Senator Frokt stated, it was mentioned you [Trudeau] have a gun expert at the Attorney General's Office who was instrumental in drafting definition of assault weapon. You can imagine my surprise when I received my own email in my own public records request.

Upon reading this I quickly sent another request to the office of the AG asking for electronic copies of documentation asserting a qualification or certification declaring Assistant Attorney Generals Matthew Thomas and July Simpson as firearms experts. Not surprisingly the Director of Public Records & Constituent Services were unable to locate any documents responsive to my request.

That Bob Ferguson, or anyone else from the AG office is calling for a ban on the so called high capacity magazines, training, or other limitations in the name of public safety does not make him an expert on firearms or public safety. These people do not represent the citizens of Washington.

What we are talking about here are the rights of citizens that can be traced and attributed to not only State and National Constitutions but to Magna Carta. You have failed as legislators, you have failed as statesmen. You should all be ashamed to call yourselves either.

Very Respectfully,
Whitney
>>>>>>>>.Edit>>>>>>>
I was asked if I would share aforementioned email, to which I replied, "yes".

Following is a link to my dropbox file.
Dropbox - My Mail to the AG.pdf

Last Edited:
I was at the Rally today, sure wish that a few more could have planned to take the day off... Lots of us older folks got your back.

Thank you.

Hopefully this was the first of several, including a BIG, well planned weekend rally alotta folks will make a priority.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads