JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun Owners of America

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senate Democrats Move to Reverse
Supreme Court’s Heller decision

Reid-Leahy move would gut the Second Amendment
in the eyes of the courts

Having failed to get gun control passed in the Senate, Democrats are now making a last ditch effort to reshape the Supreme Court.

Well, we hate to say it, but we predicted this would happen.

You remember when Harry Reid was threatening to destroy the Senate filibuster in January -- and later in July -- in order to approve Leftist Obama-supported nominees?

You remember, at the time, we said that, if Reid “pulled the trigger” on this so-called nuclear option to destroy the filibuster in some cases -- thus eliminating the need for Reid to garner 60 votes some of the time -- there would be no impediment to Reid doing anything he wanted with 50 votes (plus Biden) in other cases?

And you remember we said that it wouldn’t take long before Reid tried to limit the filibuster and use a mere 50 Democratic votes to approve other things as well -- like an anti-gun Supreme Court justice to replace Supreme Court “swing vote” Anthony Kennedy? The immediate ramification of such an appointment would be to overturn the Heller case (which held that the Second Amendment is an “individual right,” not just the right of a state to raise a militia).

Finally, you remember that Harry Reid said, at the time, that his shady precedent would just apply to Executive Branch nominees, not judges?

Well, it hasn’t taken long for his lie to be exposed.

The anti-gun Democratic Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Patrick Leahy (D-VT), has just called for blowing up the Senate rules to approve judges with 50 votes. See Roll Call, “Leahy Eyes ‘Nuclear Option’ Threat to Confirm Judges,” (August 2, 2013).

See Roll Call, “Leahy Eyes ‘Nuclear Option’ Threat to Confirm Judges,” (August 2, 2013)

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...leahy-nuclear-option-could-return-over-judges

Although Leahy doesn’t explicitly say so, this would eventually include Obama’s prospective anti-gun replacement to the 80-year-old Kennedy -- and would mean that the Second Amendment, in the eyes of the courts, would no longer exist.

Again, Justice Kennedy cast the deciding vote on the 5-4 Heller decision. So, if he is replaced by an anti-gun Obama nominee, Heller is gone.

ACTION: Click here to urge your Senators to oppose the anti-gun “nuclear option” to blow up the Senate rules.

Click here to urge your Senators to oppose the anti-gun “nuclear option” to blow up the Senate r

<broken link removed>

Tell them that any vote in favor of weakening the filibuster rules for judicial confirmations will ultimately result in a reversal of the Heller case -- and a body-blow to the Second Amendment.

I remind you it was the REPUBLICAN senate that first floated the idea of the "nuclear option."

That the Dems are floating it in the current atmosphere is hardly surprising. -Unless you get 100% of you information from Faux News. Who never ran a critical story of a conservative republican unless it was in favor of ANOTHER conservative republican.

Jesus, Do you NEVER tire of "the sky is falling" TAKU? You know what happened to Chicken Little, or the Boy who cried Wolf right?

Except the DNC proudly (and openly) wears the mantle of "the party of gun control"... oh yeah, also the Dems are in charge ATM, so it's a moot point.

I agree the Dems are, at the moment, the party of gun control. I just taught a class tonight and made that point.

But you ALSO have to consider that there are lots of REPUBLICAN gun-control advocates. Like, Oh, I don't know, BLOOMBERG, MCCAIN, ROMNEY, no one important mind you, just those NOBODIES.

I have VERY rarely voted Democrat. I certainly don't like the party. I like the Republicans only a smidgen more.

I disagree with BOTH parties on 90% of their issues. I suppose this is my curse because I don't swallow the swill that's being foisted on me by either Faux News or MSNBC.

But at this pint, as much as I hate to say anyone to the GOP, which has the worst history of civil liberties out there, I have to say, vote GOP if you care about gun rights.

Not because I don't think the GOP wouldn't throw us under the bus in a hot minute if it was to their political advantage (Romney, McCain) but because at present, they view gun owners as an important constituency. It matters, but don't kid yourself, they'd sell us out in a heartbeat if ti was to their political advantage.

Welcome to the New renewed era of ridiculous partisan politics. It's like 1880 except we're missing the pretty dresses.

I agree the Dems are, at the moment, the party of gun control. I just taught a class tonight and made that point.

But you ALSO have to consider that there are lots of REPUBLICAN gun-control advocates. Like, Oh, I don't know, BLOOMBERG, MCCAIN, ROMNEY, no one important mind you, just those NOBODIES.

I have VERY rarely voted Democrat. I certainly don't like the party. I like the Republicans only a smidgen more.

I disagree with BOTH parties on 90% of their issues. I suppose this is my curse because I don't swallow the swill that's being foisted on me by either Faux News or MSNBC.

But at this pint, as much as I hate to say anyone to the GOP, which has the worst history of civil liberties out there, I have to say, vote GOP if you care about gun rights.

Not because I don't think the GOP wouldn't throw us under the bus in a hot minute if it was to their political advantage (Romney, McCain) but because at present, they view gun owners as an important constituency. It matters, but don't kid yourself, they'd sell us out in a heartbeat if ti was to their political advantage.

Welcome to the New renewed era of ridiculous partisan politics. It's like 1880 except we're missing the pretty dresses.

I 100% concur with you MisterBilliam

Uh, Doomberg is an "I" there Mr. Bill. We do not know what he will be when he leaves the NYC mayor job. Prolly an Anti-Gun Dem next, he has the money & drive....
And "Prolly" is spelled "Probably" according to the dictionary.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Uh, Doomberg is an "I" there Mr. Bill. We do not know what he will be when he leaves the NYC mayor job. Prolly an Anti-Gun Dem next, he has the money & drive....

Yes, NOW.

" Bloomberg switched his party registration in 2001 to run for mayor as a Republican. He defeated opponent Mark Green in a close election held just weeks after the September 11 terrorist attacks. Bloomberg won a second term in 2005 and left the Republican Party two years later.[4] He campaigned to change the city's term limits law in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis and was elected to his third term in 2009 as an independent candidate on the Republican ballot line."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top