JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
Well, this committee is pretty much passing everything that gets to them...the pro 2A side (on the left) is getting overrun by the ones on the right.

BOSS

I got into the feed late, but was able to listen to the arguments on 5174. The against arguments were basically ignored and went to a vote, where of course it passed.

My exodus from this craphole can't happen soon enough.

I never thought that Washington would be anti 2A. Retired here and have been looking to relocate away from Portland area... I can't stand watching our rights and liberties being slowly eradicated by feel good measures. Law abiding, gun owning, citizens are now the criminals.

I got into the feed late, but was able to listen to the arguments on 5174. The against arguments were basically ignored and went to a vote, where of course it passed.

My exodus from this craphole can't happen soon enough.

I really know I won't be living here for more than a few more years... but I really hate to run away from these places... since we will eventually only have three or four states to live in, they will just keep coming.

This is just the icing on the cake. I have many other reasons for wanting to leave.

We never intended to move here; I came to be here to help take care of my parents as they are now climbing up in age. It was never meant to be our "home" but I sure hate to see things moving like this and with no opposition. I actually like the state in terms of climate and geography.

So many people running away (not referring to you) because of the politics, and these politics (Left or 2A) are just going to keep following till there is no place to go.

Like you, there are other reasons I don't want to be here... just hate that its becoming easier and easier to justify.

I emailed and called, again. As I have been doing on all this stuff for years. The assault on our 2nd amendment rights in this state has been nothing short of criminal.

Beyond the blatant disregard for the 2nd amendment, it is supremely disappointing that the group of WA gun owners, 2nd amendment advocates, firearms enthusiasts etc gets painted as criminals with the stroke of a pen. And in my experience this group, with very few exceptions is an outstanding group of people. Honest, hard working, friendly, helpful, compassionate, ethical etc.

Another dark day in our states 2nd amendment history.

Edited to thank Boss for the thread.

Last Edited:

I found it a little late as well...its likely going to be available for future viewing if you can stand it.

The three on the left...Wilson + the other two (including the former LEO), ...they were just ignored...whatever they brought up, one of the other four to the right made whatever rebuttal comment (not matter how weak)... and move to vote. Three on the left 'No.' Four on the right 'Yes.' And like that, done. Talk about steam rolling...

Standard capacity mags...passed. CPL training requirements, PER GUN (you'll have to get trained on every CPL pistol you might carry??)...Even the argument to disarm DV victims were passed.

So for those more up to speed, where does this leave us? These seemed to have passed 'to the rules committee'. Then what, onto the floor for a vote, then across the hall?

Is this as good as done??? Or are their more opportunities to make your voices heard?

So glad with the opioid crisis, homelessness, housing shortage, education, traffic congestion, health care, etc. they're making this such a TOP priority. As previously said, they need a 'Win.'

Boss

I emailed and called, again. As I have been doing on all this stuff for years. The assault on our 2nd amendment rights in this state has been nothing short of criminal.

Beyond the blatant disregard for the 2nd amendment, it is supremely disappointing that the group of WA gun owners, 2nd amendment advocates, firearms enthusiasts etc gets painted as criminals with the stroke of a pen. And in my experience this group, with very few exceptions is an outstanding group of people. Honest, hard working, friendly, helpful, compassionate, ethical etc.

Edited to thank Boss for the thread.
That's what makes us the easiest targets.
Maybe if we were busting windows and torching police cars they's leave us alone like they do antifa...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top