JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Introduced in Sept 28th, 2022.. so far the status is that it has been read twice and then referred to Senate Committee on Finance :rolleyes: let's see who's on that committee...

Of course the majority of members are D.. and antigun.. of course the chairman is our own Ron Wyden :mad: no wonder it's basically DOA in this particular committee.

The bill proposes to remove Short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, and "certain other weapons " from the NFA. The title.of the bill is "Stop Harrasing Owners of Rifles Today, Act" (SHORT act) .

Republicans as usual failing to name the act the opposite of what it really means to get the bill pushed through (see Affordable Care Act and the latest Inflation act that increases inflation).

A winning title would have been "The Harass Lawful Gun Owners Even More While Ignoring Criminals Act". New York Ronnie would have probably had difficulty standing up without embarrasment after reading that one.

Yeah, Biden would sign that. :rolleyes:

More pandering to the base "See, we tried, but those darnded Democrats block it everytime. Shucks".
It's still worth a shot
Maybe add an amendment that also recognizes same sex marriage.
Great thinking out of the box. Then the dems will fear being seen as anti LGBTQFJBLSMFT if they don't support
Republicans as usual failing to name the act the opposite of what it really means to get the bill pushed through (see Affordable Care Act and the latest Inflation act that increases inflation).

A winning title would have been "The Harass Lawful Gun Owners Even More While Ignoring Criminals Act". New York Ronnie would have probably had difficulty standing up without embarrasment after reading that one.
Brilliant!! They won't even read the bill in their rush to pass it!

still-waiting-for-the-hearing-protection-act-to-pass-to-51902714.png

I've seen all this before. Promise to repeal something while in the minority and then when they take house, senate and exec, sit on their hands.

Old saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Jack

I've seen all this before. Promise to repeal something while in the minority and then when they take house, senate and exec, sit on their hands.

Old saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Jack
Oh, like when the republicans were in control at the beginning of Donald Trump's presidency? Don't get me started!!

Gotta . . . keep . . . it . . . non . . . political . . .

%2F14%2Ffd%2F4b%2F14fd4b7023247bf9f8d9915714835c7c.jpg

This is purely political drama IMHO. Similar bills have been introduced for many years and gain no support. Typically McConnell says some do-do about it only when he can't ignore it and won't even try to vote on it.

I had to do a search on the specific bill only because only the writer of the bill referred to it in his campaign materials, but nobody else and it was pretty much done with as little fanfare and publicity as can be beyond what's on record :rolleyes:

Took some digging to see who's on the Senate Committee on Finance and yup. A who's who of anti2A politicians... :rolleyes:

Edit. Not even the NRA, GOA, FPC have anything on this bill as far as I could find.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top