JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This strange bill, SB 1046, is having a public hearing and possible work session on Monday. It has an emergency declaration which is odd. I am wondering if this is a back up plan for Sections 1-3 in SB 978 in case that bill is not passed. Does anybody know if Sen. Prozanski has taken money from the Walmart, Bimart or Dick's. Here is the current language, I am guessing by Monday they will add in the other language that is contained in Sections 1 through 3 of SB 978-5 if I am right:

On page 1 of the printed bill, line 3, before the period insert "; and declaring
an emergency".
On page 2, after line 2, insert:
"SECTION 3. This 2019 Act being necessary for the immediate
preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is
declared to exist, and this 2019 Act takes effect on its passage.".

Link to bill page: SB1046 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

Last Edited:
We really need to go after the emergency clause again...such BS how it is abused....
HB 2505, the gun lock-up bill, is also on the move, with status Referred to Rules by order of Speaker. Also as backup, or do house and senate tend to work independently?
I am not sure how much cooperation there is between the bodies but I wonder if this is a sign they think SB 978 might not pass.

This strange bill, SB 1046, is having a public hearing and possible work session on Monday. It has an emergency declaration which is odd. I am wondering if this is a back up plan for Sections 1-3 in SB 978 in case that bill is not passed. Does anybody know if Sen. Prozanski has taken money from the Walmart, Bimart or Dick's. Here is the current language, I am guessing by Monday they will add in the other language that is contained in Sections 1 through 3 of SB 978-5 if I am right:

On page 1 of the printed bill, line 3, before the period insert "; and declaring
an emergency".
On page 2, after line 2, insert:
"SECTION 3. This 2019 Act being necessary for the immediate
preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is
declared to exist, and this 2019 Act takes effect on its passage.".

Link to bill page: SB1046 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

If they passed the right to discriminate against firearms purchasers based on age it would help those businesses who did not discriminate based on age, right?

If they passed the right to discriminate against firearms purchasers based on age it would help those businesses who did not discriminate based on age, right?
This was a nothing burger bill as near as I could tell. They passed it out of committee with a unanimous vote by all 5 committee members. Sen. Prozanski was the only person to testify. It basically cleaned up some langauge in existing law defining the minimum age to qualify for age discrimination protections as 18.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top