JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a Beretta 1301 from Lucky about a year ago. What a pleasure to shoot! Its cross gas system allows it to fire 35% faster than its competition.

BERETTA 1301 TACTICAL SEMI-AUTO 12-GAUGE SHOTGUN
DESCRIPTION:
The Beretta 1301 Tactical is a gas operated semi-automatic shotgun designed for law enforcement and home defense. Several integral improvements have been made in response to feedback from the marketplace. Beretta has redesigned the bolt release lever to allow for a more solid function and eliminating the chance of a double feed. Beretta also added an aluminum picatinny rail on the receiver in order to support heavier optics. Lastly, a threaded barrel for Optima Bore HP Chokes, which will allow for you to use any of our 12ga OBHP chokes to get the most performance out of your 1301 Tactical.

Right out of the box, the 1301 Tactical features an oversized charging handle, large textured bolt release, and an oversized reversible safety button. The integrated BLINK gas operating system, featuring a cross tube gas piston, allows the 1301 tactical to cycle 36% faster than any other shotgun on the market. Available in an 18.5" barrel configuration, the 1301 Tactical features a robust, protected sighting system that uses a ghost ring for the rear sight and an interchangeable front blade sight. The receiver offers a MIL-STD 1913 picatinny rail. The Stock features an aggressive checkering pattern and length of pull is adjustable with the provided spacers. Drop and Cast can be adjusted as well.
FEATURES:
  • Oversized Bolt Handle & Release Lever
  • Oversized Safety
  • 36% Faster Than Any Other Shotgun
  • BLINK Gas Operating System
  • Interchangeable Front Blade Sight
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • MODEL: 1301 Tactical
  • TYPE: Shotgun
  • ACTION: Semi-Auto
  • GAUGE: 12 Ga.
  • CHAMBER: 2-3/4" & 3"
  • BARREL LENGTH: 18.5"
  • SIGHTS: Ghost Ring Rear/Front Blade
  • FINISH: STOCK & FOREARM: Synthetic
  • FINISH: BARREL & RECEIVER: Blued
  • CHOKE: Optima Bore HP, Removable
  • CAPACITY: 4 + 1

If you din't already know:

It can be fixed easy. If you already haven't check out Aridus

I have and love a Beretta A400 Unico Xplor. I used to have an Xtrema which was awesome too. Beretta's Gas semi auto system is hard to beat. Never had a jam/ misfire. That being said I would never use a semi auto for home defense. I like the simplicity of the pump action, but more importantly, there is data to support that most intruders turn around when they hear a pump action cycle. Saves money on expensive 3.5" 000 buck shot....

I see a lot of A5s in this thread. I've had two buddies that had them in the past and both guns (the guys too) were nothing but trouble. Constantly jamming despite meticulous care and even taking them to a good gunsmith.

I have and love a Beretta A400 Unico Xplor. I used to have an Xtrema which was awesome too. Beretta's Gas semi auto system is hard to beat. Never had a jam/ misfire. That being said I would never use a semi auto for home defense. I like the simplicity of the pump action, but more importantly, there is data to support that most intruders turn around when they hear a pump action cycle. Saves money on expensive 3.5" 000 buck shot....

I see a lot of A5s in this thread. I've had two buddies that had them in the past and both guns (the guys too) were nothing but trouble. Constantly jamming despite meticulous care and even taking them to a good gunsmith.

Depends on the state of mind of the burglar/intruder. If guy/gal is high on drugs or anything they may not run at all. I have an SLP that I use for HD. I leave the chamber empty and pull the charging handle. It does not make that much noise compared to a pump shotgun and I use Federal LE127 rounds in my SLP.

Remington 1100, steel receiver. Will last forever compared to alloy guns, lots of available accessories and barrels. With a little wear on it it becomes smoother and faster.

For a "tactical" semi auto, the Benelli m4 is my first choice followed by a m2 as my second choice. If you have the means, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Do note, however, that there are no longer barrel options for the m4. 18.5" is all there is. So if you wanted to pickup a longer barrel at some point for birds or clays, m2 is the gun for you. But the m2 is an inertia gun so you may be limited to the amount of weight you can add to it with respect to accessories. Too much weight and it can impact its reliability.

Last Edited:
Bought a Beretta 391 Urika last year.
It was about 10 years old when I got it.
Cycles all loads faultlessy, even 3/4 ounce "low recoil" ones.
Came with 5 choke tubes and Beretta hard case.
Cost 500 Euro, which is about 580 Dollars.

One thing it dosen't like: when standing in a trap stand I had got into the habit of checking I had a round chambered in the Mossberg 500 by opening the slide a half inch and then closing it again.
Do that with the Beretta, and you'll have misfired and double loads.

Lots of unique and cool looking semi autos hitting the markets these days. Saw this one the other day and was thoroughly impressed.

VR80 | Armscor International, Inc

upload_2019-1-11_11-34-35.png

I like my vepr-12.

had to modify it a bit for 922r compliance and did some mods for reliability in light load cycling, and some just to reduce recoil and shooter discomfort.

When I first got it, it kicked like any 12 gauge would, but the original stock design just dug into your shoulder and bruised it, and the factory trigger was trash and bit into your finger with magnum loads and took chunks out of it.

after mods...it's a pleasure to shoot. kicks about as hard as a 5.56. stock no longer digs into shoulder or causes any bruising or discomfort even after 200rds of 12ga in just a hour or so of shooting trap it still doesn't hurt or cause discomfort with no special padded shirts or vests. trigger is light and crisp (I custom modified and polished an ALG AK trigger to fit and work properly)

love it.
Vxs7pc0.jpg
folded with russian 10rd mag
RFt1UPG.jpg

and yes I shoot trap with that lol. Not at a trap range though as they frown upon having 5-10rds loaded. So the o/u gets to shoot trap at an actual trap range...but at the private range I'm a member at I bring my trap thrower and have fun with the vepr breaking clay pigeons :)
0s4tSkh.jpg
xFtiBQt.jpg

Last Edited:
Bought a Beretta 391 Urika last year.
It was about 10 years old when I got it.
Cycles all loads faultlessy, even 3/4 ounce "low recoil" ones.
Came with 5 choke tubes and Beretta hard case.
Cost 500 Euro, which is about 580 Dollars.

One thing it dosen't like: when standing in a trap stand I had got into the habit of checking I had a round chambered in the Mossberg 500 by opening the slide a half inch and then closing it again.
Do that with the Beretta, and you'll have misfired and double loads.
I love my 391 too. Bought it after giving a friend my "Weatherby" PA-08 - which, for $300, was an outstanding pump shotgun. But, I use it exclusively for clay.
Home defense? Have 380, 9mm and 45 in different locations. If you can find them, you'll see they're not locked up!! D'oh!

I prefer tubular fed, holds less than 5 rounds. When the kids see how I roll, with my tube-fed 5-rounder, all silly ideas vanish from their heads. Instantly.

My new fave. MCX Rattler on a M400 SIG SBR lower. True folder that will fire when folded, 5.5" barrel, 300 BO and a SIG titanium silencer. 2 stage 3 lb match trigger. I dont really know how its going to get better.

488136-15bee950218b334043914d149fc0a3d1.jpg

cq3jja.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads