JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,
I am wanting to buy a semi-auto rifle. I am a new state resident and still have not gotten a new id for WA. I did sing a lease and am living here permanently. Would I be able to accept the transfer? Assuming I do the i-1639 class as well?

Smart people here don't buy rifles, they buy stripped receivers and build their own. Complete bypass of both the 1639 and "backdoor handgun registry" BS.

Suck on THAT, Jay and Sideshow Bob!

Gun store said as long as I provide a proof of residency Im good. Not sure if me signing a lease qualifies
The store or Dealer you talked to is the one to ask this. There is "the law" and then there is what the person who holds the FFL is comfortable with. Many dealers do things differently. So don't order a gun to a shop before you make sure they are going to let you buy it. What one dealer tells you may not work at another. Many are scared to death to make a mistake and have someone come after them.

OP, if you want an AR style rifle, just buy the receiver and parts kit, build it yourself then get the upper receiver of your dreams. Buying the stripped receiver circumvents a lot of the bothersome restrictions placed on buying a handgun or semi-automatic rifles. If you don't want an AR, then be prepared to jump through some hoops.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top