JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received my FN SLP. MMMMMMM! It sure is nice. I wont have a chance to test her out for a while, but I would like to get some bulk ammo for the heck of it. I suppose the best route to take would be to try a little of everything and see what the shotgun likes, but I really want to get my hands on at least 500 rounds of 00 buck just to have on hand. This guy lives close to me so shipping is pretty cheap, what do you think is the best of the bunch. Remington versus Rio Royal versus Federal 00 buck. I'm not familiar with shotgun ammo, so I would appreciate the advice. The Rio Royal seems to be the cheapest, but I also want quality. thanks guys!
Shotgun Ammunition for Sale at Surplusammo.com

Last Edited:
Shotgun ammo is generally less than quality rifle and handgun ammo so why not use Remington, Winchester or Federal. You could not pay me take wolf ammo of any type!

I suppose the best route to take would be to try a little of everything and see what the shotgun likes, but I really want to get my hands on at least 500 rounds of 00 buck just to have on hand.

If you just want it to have it, buy the cheapest you can find or whatever brand you think will look good on a shelf. No telling whether you and the gun will both like it until you actually try it.

I bought a case (4 ~ 250 ct sub cases) of the S & B 12 pellet 00 buck and my SLP seems to dig it. For slugs I mostly use my hand cast handloads

For target shooting I use the Remington hi brass duck loads when I find them on sale at big 5, then reload them into my slugs

Plus you get 3 to 4 extra 00 pellets vs most 00 shells. The powder is a bit stinky but I bet most will never notice it if they are in a fight. The bad guys will notice those extra pellets :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top