JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what I was thinking. This is not an AR lower receiver, it is a pistol frame.
Receivers are more "fluid" and more easily identifed as "other", but stand alone frames are "other" as well. IE., slap my frame on my mechtech CCU and it's a rifle lower.

That does not, however, mean all FFL's understand that and may only want to list them as "pistol". IOW, they should know better but I wouldn't take it for granted and would have a dialogue with them before filling out any paperwork.

Its an other. Doesnt matter what it goes to. Bought and sold many pistol frames over the years. They transfer as "other" .
You are correct. I could attach a glock frame to my Mech Tech upper and it is a long gun. I could attach it to a conventional length slide and it's a handgun. The frame by itself would transfer as other.

You are correct. I could attach a glock frame to my Mech Tech upper and it is a long gun. I could attach it to a conventional length slide and it's a handgun. The frame by itself would transfer as other.
If you have an FFL? Then yes. What many here seem to not be able to get their head around is the FFL they choose will do it the way they "think" it should be done. The person standing there telling the FFL how its going to be done is not likely to have the owner of the license do it a different way because someone on the net told the person that's how its done/

If you have an FFL? Then yes. What many here seem to not be able to get their head around is the FFL they choose will do it the way they "think" it should be done. The person standing there telling the FFL how its going to be done is not likely to have the owner of the license do it a different way because someone on the net told the person that's how its done/
Not the way to proceed these days. The old days where it was like being in a union job is over for FFL's. If that paperwork is wrong they will revoke licenses with their new zero tolerance policy.

Not the way to proceed these days. The old days where it was like being in a union job is over for FFL's. If that paperwork is wrong they will revoke licenses with their new zero tolerance policy.
Hopefully a lot of the people here do not get an FFL then. Look at how many can't decide how this is done but are sure they know the correct way? Sounds like a lot of them would soon have that license revoked :s0140:

Read the instructions on the FEDERAL form 4473 for question 24.

Question 24. Category of Firearm(s): "Other" refers to frames, receivers, and
other firearms that are neither handguns nor long guns (rifles or shotguns), such as
firearms having a pistol grip that expel a shotgun shell, or National Firearms Act
(NFA) firearms, including silencers...

Read the instructions on the FEDERAL form 4473 for question 24.

Question 24. Category of Firearm(s): "Other" refers to frames, receivers, and
other firearms that are neither handguns nor long guns (rifles or shotguns), such as
firearms having a pistol grip that expel a shotgun shell, or National Firearms Act
(NFA) firearms, including silencers...
Yes. Handguns and long guns have barrels . Rifles have stocks . Receivers have none of those things

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top