Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Semi auto mag cap and the AWB

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by nwwoodsman, Jan 30, 2013.

1. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...?File_id=9a9270d5-ce4d-49fb-9b2f-69e69f517fb4

Ok I've read this bill 4 times. Maybe I'm right. Maybe I'm just the slow kid in class who doesn't understand this piece of garbage. First thing I noticed is that is doesn't mention revolvers or semi-auto pistols. It does mention pistols with characteristics you'd find on AR type and draco type hand guns . I would take this to mean that a guy could still buy a 32 round mag for his Glock. I also noticed that Mini 14's, along with others, are exempted. If a firearm is exempt shouldn't that mean that a guy could still buy "high" capacity mags, flash suppressors and other cool bubblegum for that firearm?

2. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, do not let them know the loopholes before it is even put in place.

3. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

It says all high capacity magazines will have a serial number added to them to identify them as military and le only. So what magazines are made before the ban can be bought and sold but no new mags will be allowed for civilians.

That is how I read it.