JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a completely different topic. Let me know if he wants to offload any of the parts!

I think I saw one recently in the Classifieds. Maybe, you might have already missed it.

And....IF, I heard correctly.....DB is already on the third Gen.

That all being said.....
I have a 2nd Gen and I like mine.

Aloha, Mark

I think I saw one recently in the Classifieds. Maybe, you might have already missed it.

And....IF, I heard correctly.....DB is already on the third Gen.

That all being said.....
I have a 2nd Gen and I like mine.

Aloha, Mark
I loved the one I sold him just carried my 380 more but yea the one I priced today was a gen 4 and I should double check the classified cuz he wants another, thanks for the heads up Mark

Nope already went around with the customer service, they offered to sell him another at a discount $212 + 25 s/h and he has to send his in and cover the cost of shipping it back and they sell brand new for around $270
That's too bad.
They should have said to send it in for repair.
$150 would have been a fair price for the repair.

Instead they're telling you that they are selling disposable guns.

You should link them to this thread.

That's too bad.
They should have said to send it in for repair.
$150 would have been a fair price for the repair.

Instead they're telling you that they are selling disposable guns.

You should link them to this thread.
Well originally it was if I was the original owner and had proof of purchase they would inspect and replace but the shop i got it from was closed down which left me sol so if your the original owner your good but if its a used diamondback don't do it.
And thats actually a good idea to link this thread.

Examine the primer. That will tell much of the story. Post a closeup, sharp focused pic of the primer if you can. Out of battery would more likely lead to a circumferential case rupture rather than simply the unsupported portion.

Examine the primer. That will tell much of the story. Post a closeup, sharp focused pic of the primer if you can. Out of battery would more likely lead to a circumferential case rupture rather than simply the unsupported portion.

20211018_132707.jpg

Cratered. Sign of pressure. See that slightly raised ridge around the firing pin impression? One of the signs. Compare this to the other cases from the same box, if possible. If they are all like that, then the ammo is too hot for the DB. If just this one, then the loading is inconsistent, leading to an over-charge.
Wow I am not even remotely that versed in that

One risk with "other guy's loads" - even if a company - is that they buy used brass. How many prior loads on that brass, and at what pressure? It could have been left on the ground because the shooter knew that it had been loaded max. If it is recycled in that condition, failure is imminent. Certified once-fired brass is safe. But range brass can be an accident waiting to happen, as you can never know how many hot loads might have been in that case.

This is more of a problem with high pressure rounds like 9 and 40. On the other hand, .38 Special and 45 ACP run at much lower pressures and work the brass far less when fired. "Work" is the term used, and all metal "work hardens" as it is stressed, in this case the stress of firing and the pressures involved. Ever bend a piece of metal back and forth until it breaks in two? That is what work hardening does.

Cratered. Sign of pressure. See that slightly raised ridge around the firing pin impression? One of the signs. Compare this to the other cases from the same box, if possible. If they are all like that, then the ammo is too hot for the DB. If just this one, then the loading is inconsistent, leading to an over-charge.
It a funny-looking strike.
But no flattening.
I would have expected to see flattening with an over pressure load.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top