JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ammo is too hot for the DB.
Probably worth noting the earlier DB9 gens (1-3) were not rated for +p loads. The Gen 4 has a slightly bigger chamber and locking block, and they have rated it for +p.

It a funny-looking strike.
But no flattening.
I would have expected to see flattening with an over pressure load.
Some will crater, some flatten and some both. Might have to do with the pressure curve of the powder. The Diamondback in question might have sufficient clearance between firing pin hole and pin to allow this.

It a funny-looking strike.
But no flattening.
I would have expected to see flattening with an over pressure load.
Yep. High pressure usually yields a primer that has completely conformed to the primer pocket ( now muchly oversized). There is no radius to the primer. It is completely flat and square and in fact might have flowed over the radius of the primer pocket.

As far as the firing pin strike on the primer, there are many different and unique impressions left on primers by the various auto loaders. I don't have any photos, but I have noticed that Glocks, S&W, Berretta, and Walther are quite different. The Glock normally leaves a rectangular type impression with a square pin strike, I have a M&P that leaves a diamond shaped impression, and the Berrettas' leave a "cratered" round impression similar to the one in the photo. None of the ammo used was hot or loaded "+P". And it is consistent with every round fired. I will go with the camp that the brass was work hardened, or the case was previously fired in a firearm with the "unsupported chamber". I do know a guy that had a reloaded case blow out in similar fashion in a 1911 45 Auto.

Regards,
Bill

Perfect storm. Main Cause... That's and overpressure reload with a glock smile blowout from an unsupported chamber. This was not an out of battery detonation. Secondary cause... my buddy's 1st Gen DB9 did the same thing. Weak polymer lower design. DB9 replaced it NQA almost 10yr ago. Sounds like they're feeling a financial crunch, same as Lamiglas lately, and not honoring warranties. Would never own a DB9, or anything else DB.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top