JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know most of the rules...FFL...yada yada...

MY question is.....if I live in Portland...can I physically take my pistol a buyer and meet him at his FFL dealer...and do the transfer there? Or since it is across state lines and I am not a legal resident of Washington...do I still have to send it from my FFL to his?

thanks for any and all input...:s0155:

You are welcomed to meet him at his FFL, and have his FFL do the transfer.

Also note that if you were to ship it, you are NOT required to have YOUR FFL ship it, you can mail it directly to his FFL.

I know most of the rules...FFL...yada yada...

MY question is.....if I live in Portland...can I physically take my pistol a buyer and meet him at his FFL dealer...and do the transfer there? Or since it is across state lines and I am not a legal resident of Washington...do I still have to send it from my FFL to his?

thanks for any and all input...:s0155:
Long gun yes, but I thought pistols had to go from FFL to FFL when shipped across state lines. Am I wrong? I know If I buy a handgun in Portland they have to ship it to an FFL in Vancouver.

Long gun yes, but I thought pistols had to go from FFL to FFL when shipped across state lines. Am I wrong? I know If I buy a handgun in Portland they have to ship it to an FFL in Vancouver.

That's only because pistols need to be transferred to their owner by an in-state FFL. I have bought a handgun from an Oregon resident who hand delivered it to my WA FFL. The FFL double checked with the ATF and it was all kosher.

No requirement for you to have a FFL ship your firearm, be it a rifle or a pistol, to the FFL in another state. You can ship it directly to their FFL or hand deliver it yourself.

A pistol transaction must take place in the purchaser's state of residence...that is all the requirement is. How you get the pistol to his FFL, that is up to you and the receiving FFL....Remember, SOME FFL's will not accept an out of state pistol from anyone but another FFL...Not law, their personal company policy. So make sure that the purchasers FFL is OK with you delivering the weapon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top