JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I decided to sell my Glock to a friend and add another shotgun to my collection. I have a Benelli already so I am going to go with a Remington 870. Local shop has them for $399 so once I get the Glock sold I will be picking one of those up.

Anyone else have an 870? Post pics if you do!

Also the reason I am not selling the Benelli to buy the 870 is the Benelli shoots 3 1/2's and the 870 does not.

I've had at least one 870 forever, of one type or another. Strong, reliable, easy to clean. Good weapon. I've used them for upland birds, trap, deer (rifled slugs), etc.

I shot several of the best trap rounds of my life with one, before I switched to a "real" trap gun. What WAS I thinking?

Not the top of the line, but very serviceable.

Bob

I know they are not top of the line with wood and fancy engravings (Express), but that's exactly what I like. I like the Marine which is funny because I typically don't like nickel plating or the chrome look. I don't like the price on the Marine though. The Express Synthetic seems like a good option for me.

I have the 870 Remington Express Supermag (takes the 3.5 shells)...found on sale at Joes for 329...its synthetic. Really enjoy mine. Got the 18" barrel and the Knox stock; soaks up the recoil well. I really like mine

I have the "Home Defender" version. I love it. it lives under my bed in case the bogey man shows up at night. :)

Shottie.jpg

I could never get used to it, and they always take up more room than I would like. I feel that I get a more solid movement without the front grip, as I feel the muzzle doesn't move around as much when I'm racking it. I have found that, even with a shotgun with a stock and front grip, the muzzle tends to wave around because of the way the handle causes me to rack the shotgun. Also, I prefer pistol grips and a full stock, just as on the Benelli M3 Super 90, my preferred shotgun.

Replied.

I like the forward grip on the shotguns, I'll be getting one when I get the 870, among other things. Hopefully the shop will have one with the grip on it so I can see what it's like first hand.

Pistol grip on the rear isn't worth much without a stock there too.

Something popular I've been seeing lately is putting a "juniors" stock on 870's/500's/etc. It's shorter than the regular stock, thus allowing more maneuverability in tight areas, yet still long enough to put into your shoulder and give support.

Well I picked it up today. Went with a guy from work, he bought a XD .45

I was tempted to pick up the Kimber Custom II for $690 but I got the 870 instead. So far I have the pistol grip, side saddle, and heat shield with ghost ring sight.

Where is the picture..:)

Camera battery is charging.

Also for the side saddle it says just push the pins, I did this with the Benelli but on the 870 they are not wanting to move, do I just need to push harder?

The shop would have installed them but they were very busy and short staffed. I told em not to worry about it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top