JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the Puget Sound area prices are anywhere from the low $2 per pound on up to $2.60 , some of the smaller guys like to take the brass in at around $1.60 which is too low but better than hauling it many miles to eek out the highest price. I never have to seperate "nickel" or chrome cases. I think they frown on .22 shells but sometimes I sneak some in , most time they go in the trash. Call around to your metal recyclers. My experience is the ones near the Port pay the best. In WA, they can only issue you a check for something like $35 on the spot. The balance you have to wait for up to two weeks.

How much do you have? I may be interested in buying a large bulk of it if it is once fired, calibers I can use, priced right and not rejects. If you want to talk about that feel free to PM me.

Doug
RELOADING BRASS CASINGS

I only have about 20 lbs now,mostly .40 pistol brass.I do have a coffee can full of primed,once reloaded 30-06 brass.HXP military stuff.I could count it if I had to.What's something like that go for?

I can't really speak for the 30-06 brass but the 40 is probably better off sold to a forum member. 20 lbs is about 2,000 pcs. It's worth more as reloadable brass then scrap. Good luck with a sale.

I only have about 20 lbs now,mostly .40 pistol brass.I do have a coffee can full of primed,once reloaded 30-06 brass.HXP military stuff.I could count it if I had to.What's something like that go for?

There is a post on another board in the Seattle area where a guy is trying to sell 30-06 primed at 15 cents a piece. His post has been up for a little while now, so I guess it's either too much or not that much call for it.

I agree with Doug, you are better off selling the 40 as re loadable brass. You should be able to get anywhere between $50 and $100 for it, if it's 2,000 pieces. I know, kind of a wide range, but all depends on what is available out there at the moment and what shape the brass is in. Clean, tumbled brass is more, just picked up at an indoor range would bring in less, and picked up outside in the dirt and showing it would be a lot less.

I'v tried a few times to sell the .40.Seems no one wants it unless it is dirt cheap and free shipping,so it went into the 5 gallon bucket along with all the rest.lots of 380 and 9mm,a hundred 30-30 cases and a few 300 and 300 h and h mags.

What are "scrap cases"? Are they cases that you have reloaded so many times they are un reloadable now? Of not then this thread is a joke

we just bought 1000 once fired .40 on here for $30.00 thats equal to 9.75 lbs or $3.07 per pound.

So even selling the brass dirt cheap you make more money then scrapping. And at $30.00 a thousand I would think it would sell pretty fast.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top