JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What constitutes doing business in Oregon?

Corporations that are doing business in Oregon or have income from an Oregon source are required to file an excise or income tax return. "Doing business" means being engaged in any profit-seeking activity in Oregon.
Yes, I guess that's where I'm getting hung up, as the sale of personal property without profit is not taxable income.

I started reloading in the 6th grade (for real) and until I was almost 30 all the center fire ammunition I shot was my own. That said I'd never sell ammunition I loaded for anything other than components (along with information about the bullets, powder, primers, and cases) if for no other reason than liability. Even if my ammunition were perfect (which it would be if the bullets hadn't been pulled) I have no idea of the condition of the firearm it would be shot in.

Let's say you sell some hand loaded ammunition that's perfectly good and the buyer shoots it in a rifle that was not head spaced correctly or had a weak action and failed causing injury. You aren't a manufacturer who has liability insurance or a legal team to handle the civil lawsuit from the buyer or his surviving family.

You are screwed even though it wasn't your fault.

Sell only for components and if they decide to not pull the bullets and shoot "as is" any issues are on them, especially if it's prominent in the ad and on the sales receipt you have them date and sign.

Splitting legal hairs about whether or not a manufacturing license is needed to sell hand loads ready to fire won't do you jack to cover your brandon when you get served.

Yes, I guess that's where I'm getting hung up, as the sale of personal property without profit is not taxable income.
I'm not sure why you would sell something not intending to make a profit, but again, you're splitting legal hairs. In most legal applications, it's the intent. I'm not sure you can grow copious amounts of weed and say "I wasn't growing to distribute, it's for my personal use". The intent is that you will sell it for profit.

Taking from the ATF regarding full auto sears, you can't even possess it without a stamp, otherwise the "intent" is that you will install and use it. Please note, this is not a discussion on the legality of NFA, but legal "intent".

You do you.

As above in FFA Q&A, combined with the statement of "for-profit or business" still does not completely prohibit the sale of reloaded ammunition if the following is true:
The ammunition was reloaded for personal use without the intent of sale or profit.

?----But could be sold in the event that it was unwanted, such as after the disposition of a firearm, elimination of excess stock or other personal reason?
You answered your own question and I said it before, so I'll simplify it.
It is illegal to sell ammunition you loaded without an FFL to legally do so, period!
Any ammunition you load that is sold is not considered as personal use.

You can do whatever you wish OUTSIDE of our forum.

On Northwest Firearms, home reloaded ammunition (non class 6, to clarify) is NOT allowed for sale as ammunition.

It CAN be sold as components.

Currently, & subject to change.

If any member has issue with forum policy, its best to contact the mod team using the "report" function. As doing so will alert all staff of whatever concern or issue.

Locking thread.

Ok, thank you everyone for your response and time. I hadn't anticipated so much input so quickly.
I am looking forward to a response from the ATF to clarify the phrasing, I can't be the only one that's not satisfied with the way it is written.

I won't be replying to much more on here as I don't want to make this a point of contention. I don't have a "dog in the fight" and just appreciate getting others opinions.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads