Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Selling one gun, need help deciding my next!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by strick, Aug 10, 2013.

1. strick

strick McMinnville Oregon Member

So, I keep tossing back and forth what my next purchase will be. I have a xd-9 I have listed for sale. I plan on using the money towards my next purchase. I am having a hard time deciding what I want to put cash of that sale towards. I have a ruger 10/22, m&p22 and a glock 22. I am thinking about something a bit smaller for "summer" carry. Was think a xds 9mm/45acp, but I keep looking at the m&p 15-22 rifle and really like it. I am kinda leaning towards the 15-22 for a fun plinker, Then I could just sell the 10/22, But not really sure. Any other ideas/help??? I prefer my firearms to have some practical use.

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Sig P938 or Smith and Wesson M&P Shield, I have then both and they are amazing

3. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Head to Northwest Armory near Milwaukie. They have the S&W Shield and the S&W 15-22 on sale right now ($399 and $439 respectively). Lowest prices in the area, and you can handle each one and see what you prefer.

4. strick

Well I have a buyer for my xd-9. We are suppose to meet tomorrow around noon to make the sale. I was looking at the shield, will take a look at it, however finding it having that silly safety, not something I am liking. As long as the sale happens, I plan on going over to NW Armory to look at everything.

5. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

get one of those waffer werks STG 44 22lr clones. looks super cool and I guess its a very nice reproduction of a fine, very historical weapon.

6. dwaineshort

dwaineshort Vancouver WA Active Member

I carry a xds45 love it. 15-22 is a great cheap way to train if you set it up similar as your ar15. Have mine set up to match my ddm4 but because it a 22 you can use cheap optic knockoffs. Aimpoint micro on my ar15 clone on the 15-22. $40 clone has worked fine with over 2000 round because the almost no recoil on the m&p.

7. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

Cant go wrong with the 15-22. Love mine and its always a hit at every range trip.

8. strick

UPDATE!! I got a XD-s 9mm Tuesday. Have been carrying it since. I LOVE it.