Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Selling one gun, need help deciding my next!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by strick, Aug 10, 2013.

1. strick

strick McMinnville Oregon Member

So, I keep tossing back and forth what my next purchase will be. I have a xd-9 I have listed for sale. I plan on using the money towards my next purchase. I am having a hard time deciding what I want to put cash of that sale towards. I have a ruger 10/22, m&p22 and a glock 22. I am thinking about something a bit smaller for "summer" carry. Was think a xds 9mm/45acp, but I keep looking at the m&p 15-22 rifle and really like it. I am kinda leaning towards the 15-22 for a fun plinker, Then I could just sell the 10/22, But not really sure. Any other ideas/help??? I prefer my firearms to have some practical use.

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Sig P938 or Smith and Wesson M&P Shield, I have then both and they are amazing

3. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Head to Northwest Armory near Milwaukie. They have the S&W Shield and the S&W 15-22 on sale right now ($399 and $439 respectively). Lowest prices in the area, and you can handle each one and see what you prefer.

4. strick

Well I have a buyer for my xd-9. We are suppose to meet tomorrow around noon to make the sale. I was looking at the shield, will take a look at it, however finding it having that silly safety, not something I am liking. As long as the sale happens, I plan on going over to NW Armory to look at everything.

5. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

get one of those waffer werks STG 44 22lr clones. looks super cool and I guess its a very nice reproduction of a fine, very historical weapon.

6. dwaineshort

dwaineshort Vancouver WA Active Member

I carry a xds45 love it. 15-22 is a great cheap way to train if you set it up similar as your ar15. Have mine set up to match my ddm4 but because it a 22 you can use cheap optic knockoffs. Aimpoint micro on my ar15 clone on the 15-22. $40 clone has worked fine with over 2000 round because the almost no recoil on the m&p.

7. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

Cant go wrong with the 15-22. Love mine and its always a hit at every range trip.

8. strick

UPDATE!! I got a XD-s 9mm Tuesday. Have been carrying it since. I LOVE it.