JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
no need to make the situation public with names involved... Its good to see this question come up every month...sometimes twice ;P. The more we are informed of our rights and our laws concerning guns the les of a gray area we are going to step in. Maybey gray isnt the right color...black.... my .02 the lighter we tread on our gun rights the less of a ripple. Keep it in the white so the laws dont get more strict. :)

I was the one trying to buy a rifle & just wanted to know why I could buy a new rifle from a gun shop without a transfer but if I bought it from him I had to do a transfer & he couldn't tell me..

It's because he isn't an FFL and he is not a resident of your state

Gave him my name & number he wouldn't call I still would have bought the rifle.

That's more of a personal choice, when I buy or sell I don't call until the deal is solidified in PM/email, it's the sellers prerogative to do the transaction as he wishes.

Found another one, e-mailed person for phone number called him & picked up rifle simple thats all I'm saying & a person showing over 200 post you would think he could explain why thats all. I like simple not difficult, a simple phone call & I could have made the transaction.

He found out you were in Washington then instructed you that it would need to go to an FFL and when you asked why, it looks like you made it more difficult not him? The simple answer was that he was following the law, you wanted him to interpret the law, what is simple about that?

Pp
It's because he isn't an FFL and he is not a resident of your state

That's more of a personal choice, when I buy or sell I don't call until the deal is solidified in PM/email, it's the sellers prerogative to do the transaction as he wishes.

He found out you were in Washington then instructed you that it would need to go to an FFL and when you asked why, it looks like you made it more difficult not him? The simple answer was that he was following the law, you wanted him to interpret the law, what is simple about that?

Perfectly said. I dont need to add anything

Do you have to have an FFL at both ends? two years ago I had a rifle shipped to an Oregon FFL from a private individual in ID. Now when I asked an FFL to recieved for me he said it had to be sent to him from an FFL. Has something changed?

Do you have to have an FFL at both ends? two years ago I had a rifle shipped to an Oregon FFL from a private individual in ID. Now when I asked an FFL to recieved for me he said it had to be sent to him from an FFL. Has something changed?

Some FFL's will not receive from private parties. It's not a federal mandate, simply the preference of the FFL. There are some shipping restrictions for non FFL-FFL that require overnight and you cannot use USPS. Some of those restrictions are lifted when it's FFL - FFL.

I had one gunshop tell me it is state law and another tell me it has always been like that. But then again they also told me I can not ship a rifle to a person in the same state. I sure remember now why I do not buy from the local gun shops.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top