JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why risk losing a sale over a filthy weapon? I always do a detail clean/strip before I meet with any prospective buyer. There was a late minute meet up recently that my weapon wasn't properly cleaned and I felt like a douche about it.

Why risk losing a sale over a filthy weapon? I always do a detail clean/strip before I meet with any prospective buyer. There was a late minute meet up recently that my weapon wasn't properly cleaned and I felt like a douche about it.
Same here.

I traded one on a whim once and the only reason I felt ok about it was because his was even dirtier then mine lol.

I'll clean a gun well before selling, as I believe it not only showcases the gun's attributes, it allows the potential purchaser ease in full inspection (bore condition, etc.). I apply the same attention to any car I am trying to sell.

Here's the potential downside (and the car comparison is employed here): A neighbor kid (early 20's) wanted to sell his car to upgrade. I told him I'd help him get it ready. On the appointed date, he came over to the house, and we set to work not only cleaning the car thoroughly, but taking care of little items here and there, like tidying up his stereo wiring job, replacing the floor mats with better (used) ones I had laying around, re-carpeting the trunk with remnants I had, checking and resetting tune-up specs, etc., etc. After a very long day (during which on at least two occasions he wondered why we were expending so much effort on a car he didn't want any more), he decided to keep the car.

I've had the same experience with a couple guns. A little face-lift prior to potential sale made them worth keeping.

On the other hand, I do not reject out-of-hand a dirty gun offered for sale. Sometimes a diamond resides beneath the coal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top