JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow.. thank you all for the replies!
I think the best thing to do moving forward is to go through a FFL.
It is a Jennings 22 with all the original paperwork, box clips, trigger lock.
Not sure what to ask..
When I bought it ( pre internet days ) I didn't have any knowledge on quality/reliability etc etc..
It was kinda spur of the moment purchase.
I've been looking at Youtube videos, and it seems some people feel that these jam easy.
I've haven't shot but maybe 40 rounds through it and it did jam a couple times, but I was using cheap ammo.
I suppose using better quality ammo helps the occasional jam, but it wasn't that bad for the price.
I know these aren't collectable and such.

Thanks again gang!
Glad to have you all here for the great advice.

View attachment 811819
I'll start the biddng at $50

Having handled and shot a couple Jennings 22s, I wouldn't be interested at any price. No offense intended, just my opinion. They're just about the worst gun ever made. OK, maybe second worst. There is the RG10...

One friend had a J22 and said it had issues, occasionally fired on it's own when chambering a round. I tinkered with it but couldn't fix it. I took it to the range, and after it went off on it's own for me a couple times, I was done with it. At his request, I removed the firing pin from it so he could keep it as a paperweight.

Another friend had one, in the box with extra mags. I told him it was worth nothing to me, good luck finding someone who would want it. Funny thing is, we got looking around online and noticed something interesting on Ebay. He ended up taking it completely apart and selling the parts on Ebay, magazines separately. As I recall, he ended up getting close to $200! All that was left was the pot metal frame, which probably went into the river.

Just goes to show, one person's junk is another's treasure... :)

Movies and TV. It doesn't generally take much technical knowledge to become a fiction writer.
I read a lot of fiction... one of my pet peeves is that maybe 50% of the writers get obvious stuff wrong. I DID see one who got something right, that I thought was wrong til I looked it up... I had not known anyone made a semi-auto 44 mag pistol, so when the heroine started loading magazines, I was getting that grumpy look. THAT book actually turned into a pretty good series, the author obviously had either experience in competition/tactical shooting, or a very good technical adviser.

To get back on point, didn't California have some kind of gun registration? It's been forever ago, but I remember going through some rather odious processes to get handguns there, when I was a lot younger.

I read a lot of fiction... one of my pet peeves is that maybe 50% of the writers get obvious stuff wrong. I DID see one who got something right, that I thought was wrong til I looked it up... I had not known anyone made a semi-auto 44 mag pistol, so when the heroine started loading magazines, I was getting that grumpy look. THAT book actually turned into a pretty good series, the author obviously had either experience in competition/tactical shooting, or a very good technical adviser.

To get back on point, didn't California have some kind of gun registration? It's been forever ago, but I remember going through some rather odious processes to get handguns there, when I was a lot younger.
Tom Clancy apparently tries really hard to get the military stuff right in his stories. Pretty good writer too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top