JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
honestly I think there's a lot of miscommunication here... not seeing the complete picture... but I think ego and emotions started kicking in...

in all fairness, buyer had a point as well... it was misadvertised... honest mistake but when bidding for an auction people factor in these little things to the price...

the ideal resolution to this was to accept the fact that a small error was made honestly and relist the auction... no negative feedback to anybody... or offer a concession of 20 dollars or so if he wanted to complete the sale (if that was worth the trouble)...

this is assuming this guy really intended to buy this gun... again his argument had little purpose in my book unless he was trying to talk down the price because he overbid... based on a misconception on the newness of the gun... but when it arrived in his hands it would still be a used gun...

the only real issue here though is depending on the brand, warranty does not transfer to any subsequent owners (ie beretta) and that may be a valid reason for backing out on the deal...

Ok, now I am caught up.

He is an idiot. Don't worry at all, you did nothing wrong. Follow my earlier advice of do not email, mail, talk, smoke signal him ANYTHING at all. Open the report with GB and it will be taken care of.

Yep, he's using that as an excuse to not buy. Report it and move on. No attorney is going to take it on, BATF isn't interested and the AG's office won't be interested in such a small deal. I had trouble getting the AG's office here in WA interested in problems with a $250,000 motorhome some 9 years ago. With staffing the way it is who knows what it would take now!

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

please correct me if i'm wrong here--- my ffl told me technecly speaking "all guns are used" , and when you purchase a new gun you will also find in the box a spent casing--just to show the gun has been fired after manufacture !

so i say---- wuz up ?.....steven

Sounds like we're getting only one side of the story, something got this guy really fired up, it would be interesting to read the emails the other guy received. Bottom line you did advertise the gun as "new" leading him and others to believe you're an FFL. How did your brother in law who's a deputy (sheriff ?) get involved ?
The final out come of this purse fight, more than likely, will be you both end up with negative feedback and hopefully next time you don't advertise a used gun as "new." BTW don't expect Gunbroker to do much at all.

I wasn't such a dick until you lied to me and were disrespectful and now that you think you can intimidate me with your brother in laws meaningless position, Im gonna be a bigger dick and push this as hard as I can

The bottom line is new, never used. It was a Glock 30 with 4 mags that another guy had the winning bid and this guy outbid him by $5. I said nothing to get him fired up and he refused to pay. He left negative feedback right away so I responded and did the same as well as reporting him with all the emails.

All cars are used as they are driven into the lot. But once titled its used. Same analogy.

If he left negative feedback immediately without negotiation, he likely never intended tto buy but did what he did to prove a point. Some people just have nothing to do. Probably a disposable account too if his feedback was 1.

Check this out I got this morning:
Well I was going to cancel the fraud investigation until I saw your feedback. Now I'm going to keep that going. The rest of it Im not going to press, but I will keep my eye open on other gun exchange sites and if I find you advertising any of your guns as new, then I will press the issue with the ATF. I highly reccommend that you get your stuff straight before you land in jail or at the very least have your guns confiscated and dont get to make any moreny at all onthem and then have to pay for a lawyer to represent you in court. This is not a joke, Im not playing games here, you better get your ego under control and take it for what its worth as a learning experience before you really get in legal trouble.

stop opening his emails and just be done with it the guy is a self inflicted train wreck. You have the pistol you have a negative feedback. Contact the runner up if that is allowed and see if he still wants it (being new and all LOL) if not re-list it. If the Goober ends up high bidder again report him to GB for interfering in your auctions.

Check this out I got this morning:
Well I was going to cancel the fraud investigation until I saw your feedback. Now I'm going to keep that going. The rest of it Im not going to press, but I will keep my eye open on other gun exchange sites and if I find you advertising any of your guns as new, then I will press the issue with the ATF. I highly reccommend that you get your stuff straight before you land in jail or at the very least have your guns confiscated and dont get to make any moreny at all onthem and then have to pay for a lawyer to represent you in court. This is not a joke, Im not playing games here, you better get your ego under control and take it for what its worth as a learning experience before you really get in legal trouble.

There isn't a damn thing the ATF can or will do.

stop opening his emails and just be done with it the guy is a self inflicted train wreck. You have the pistol you have a negative feedback. Contact the runner up if that is allowed and see if he still wants it (being new and all LOL) if not re-list it. If the Goober ends up high bidder again report him to GB for interfering in your auctions.

I have blocked him from my email and from bidding.:s0155: The confiscation thing killed me.:s0114:

My take.
First you kinda did mislead him.A gun is like a car,once it is purchased from a dealer...EVEN IF YOU HAVE IT RAMP TRUCKED TO YOUR DRIVE,IT IS STILL USED. Once it leaves the FFL's little hands.it is USED. Maybe "AS NEW IN BOX",but used.

Now as a dealer/FFL holder.I would guess you could get some trouble selling a "used" gun as a "new" gun.But as an individual you could get a bad rating on the board.
No brownie points for you

Second,anyone who uses his LEO buddies as leverage is looking to get an A$$ whoopen by said buddies.Especially on line. I would send him LOL e-mails

This confirms my dislike for on line purchases
The rest of the GB stuff I don't know about so I won't comment on them,but the guy does sound like a loon? Is that a GB term?

Well, I must say that I consider a gun new if its never been carried or shot outside the factory. I have no issue with a seller saying new. I generally equate new with "like new in box". The only way I would ever complain is if I got the gun and it had wear from being sold and returned or used as a display. Contact Gunbroker, maybe they'll remove the negative feedback. Certainly sounds like you didn't do anything to deserve it. I must say, I'd almost be tempted to pay my lawyer $50 or so he charges to write a letter or send an email to this guy to tell him that he's wrong and should cease the threats. Wouldn't go any further than that, but every once in a while its interesting to call a guys bluff.

please correct me if i'm wrong here--- my ffl told me technecly speaking "all guns are used" , and when you purchase a new gun you will also find in the box a spent casing--just to show the gun has been fired after manufacture !

so i say---- wuz up ?.....steven

But that was at the factory and a "test shot". Again just like when they drive the "new" car on and off the transport truck,ship,train to get it to the dealer.
So technically no,they are not all "used" but "fired".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top