JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im going to the gun show tommorow on sunday. I wanted to bring my gun forsale to sell it. I have seen people walk around with them on there back before. How is it done. Does it cost me anything. Or can I just walk around with it with a forsale sign? Help a newby out.

O and what would be the proper way to zip tie my rifle?

If you find a private party at the gun show you have to do the background check. No F to F sales within I think it's 1000 feet of a gun show. As for the zip ties, they will do that for you at the door.

Go talk with Dave over at Oak Grove ventures. There table will be off to the right corner of the Hillsboro show. He's got a Ruger 1911 on the table. I've traded with OGV and have been happy. Nice guys.

Last Edited:
Originally Posted by shayne
that whole background check with private party sales must an oregon thing

It is.

If you do it sell it here on this site no need to do a back ground check, but if you do meet someone at a gun show then you have to do the check.

I think it is the feds rule? Same in Colorado and New Mexico. Usually in Colorado The Sheriffs Office reserve does a background check for a small donation to search and rescue.

No, state by state. The majority of states don't require one.

Gun shows in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Presently, 17 states regulate private firearm sales at gun shows. Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows (California, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Oregon, New York, Illinois and Colorado). Four states (Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) require background checks on all handgun, but not long gun, purchasers at gun shows. Six states require individuals to obtain a permit to purchase handguns that involves a background check (Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Iowa, Nebraska). Certain counties in Florida require background checks on all private sales of handguns at gun shows. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of firearms at gun shows in any manner.

No cost to you to walk in and sell a firearm

Your Firearm will be safety checked before you enter the show, the action will be zip tied at that time. Ask about getting a background check done if it sells at that time.

Any and all sales that originate at the gun show or in the immediate area of the show are required by OREGON law to go through a background check (there is usually a table setup at the shows to assist you with this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top