JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry, FTF only with OR residents.
============================================

Let me see this in a better light:

A buyer with cash in hand in another state who'd probably included additional funds [and copy of his dealr's FFL] to have this rifle insured and sent to his FFL....in addition to the out-state-buyer accepting the risk that the rifle ain't what it appears to be!

Seller would prolly drive some where to meet a potential buyer: obviously seller's time and gas and the risk of fluke accident -of course depending on distance travel- are of no concern, and would make a sale only if buyer showed up!

Rather than go to the nearest USPS store location , which maybe at his local grocery story or a PO station and be able to ship his long gun legally....to an outstate FFL.

Passes on a cash sale right now, a sale that has been going on for a week+ and in all likely hood will continue....during one of the toughest economic times this country has seen in a long time and at Christmas time when $$$ is used for gifts......

This make's perfect sense to me.....:huh::huh:

--------------------------------

Seems to me if selling in one's state only, greatly decreases the chance for a quick sale.

When a cash buyer is knocking on your door who might just be from your neighboring state, shipping to an outstate FFL is less difficult than changing the oil in your car! Regardless if it's a long gun or handgun! When shipping the only problem you might/prolly encounter is the MORON behind the counter, who can't speak American or was hired as a Zombie with no brain...

Ya'll offer to meet a buyer and drive a certain number of mile's, who may or may not show up....loonacy...loonacy...doing this also suggest that one's time has NO VALUE!
Actually it's not that one's time is not valuable it is that one is just plain intellectually lazy about educating one's self on the simplicty of shipping: Example..

I offered a Seller here nearly $100 more than he was asking and that price included ship/ins to my FFL... 1) he did not need an FFL to ship; 2) I led him to a link that informed him how to ship a handgun legally to my FFL using GROUND SERVICE via UPS. I have not heard a word from him...!!!!

Just can't quite get a handle on the negative attiditude about shipping!

Okay, I am sorta disgusted with tunnel vision sellers and I hope most of you, will at least consider the message before killing*** this messenger. Plus, I've been up since 3a.m. not being able to breathe cause of a freeking horrible head cold and pounding headache....:(:(

***just a fig'r of speech

Guess I just had to get this outta my system...

You couldn't pay me enough to step foot inside a post office this week!!:s0114:

Some people aren't selling because they need the money.

Maybe the isn't a post office in Coos Bay?

Some people hate Washingtonians, Idahoians, and Californians.

Some people like to interact in person with others outside the sterile Internet environment.

Maybe the seller is trying to make it hard because he subconsciously wants to keep the gun?

His choice. All you can do is ask nicely if he is willing to ship on your dime.

If he doesn't wanna........He doesn't wanna.:s0155:

In the past I, myself, have refused to do an out of state sale. I would still probably decline a handgun sale that required shipment. Call it what you will, but some things we are not familiar with can make us uncomfortable.
However, I just recently completed a sale that required me to ship a long gun via UPS to an out of state FFL.
I'd do it again.

In the past I, myself, have refused to do an out of state sale. I would still probably decline a handgun sale that required shipment. Call it what you will, but some things we are not familiar with can make us uncomfortable.
However, I just recently completed a sale that required me to ship a long gun via UPS to an out of state FFL.
I'd do it again.

Prolly shoulda used USPS, Delivery Confirmation: when I went to Alaska I shipped to myself a Marlin in 444: UPS WANTED NEARLY AND $100....USPS DID IT FOR 1/3RD with insurance and DConfirmation!

I went back and edited out a few words and wording...I am totally miserable this morning w/this head cold...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...won't be able to kiss my grandkids....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I would probably be apprehensive about shipping to places like California or Illinois

But I am surprised those who will not ship to others with in Oregon - vs having to drive 4-6 hours to meet and pick it up. Just becomes a non deal.

I have met people half way when I sold a gun.

But it is their option.

I have bought rifles from folks as far away as the East Coast, but they were advertised on a national board. I have also shipped across country to folks when I advertised on that same national board. However, I usually don't want the hassle either way and choose to post on our local board here. I've only had one fellow flake out on me in a local transaction, but we were going to meet at my work anyway, so it was no gas or time out of my pocket.

Keith

I prefer to trade rather than sell. Trading is much easier FTF.
Dealing with local shipping places is not easy either. Seems each time I want to ship, they take a few hours checking their in house rules to see if I can do it. After all of that, they rake me over the coals with costs. I would prefer not to give the shippers money if I do not have to. Especially since each time they treat like a criminal when I pay them to do a service.

I am a member of many a national website, and even a moderator on a few. I choose to advertise my firearms on (and buy my firearms on) a LOCAL site just so I do NOT have to deal with shipping.

Last Edited:
1) FTF usually puts money in the hand quicker and gets the deal done- you aren't stuck waiting a week for payment to find out person is a flake.
2) It's more work- and very often people see the price of $500 and don't want to admit to themselves that it's going to cost ~$50 and pay the extra. That and it can be extra trips and headaches dealing with stuff- person forgets FFL, sends a Non-usps MO etc.

We have enough buyers around the sound to not have this problem,so unless it's a collector gun (which I don't deal in anyway) I wouldn't ship a gun anywhere.

I did do TC barrels since there is a small market for them.Didn't really feel comfortable there either.

============================================

Let me see this in a better light:

A buyer with cash in hand in another state who'd probably included additional funds [and copy of his dealr's FFL] to have this rifle insured and sent to his FFL....in addition to the out-state-buyer accepting the risk that the rifle ain't what it appears to be!

Seller would prolly drive some where to meet a potential buyer: obviously seller's time and gas and the risk of fluke accident -of course depending on distance travel- are of no concern, and would make a sale only if buyer showed up!

Rather than go to the nearest USPS store location , which maybe at his local grocery story or a PO station and be able to ship his long gun legally....to an outstate FFL.

Passes on a cash sale right now, a sale that has been going on for a week+ and in all likely hood will continue....during one of the toughest economic times this country has seen in a long time and at Christmas time when $$$ is used for gifts......

This make's perfect sense to me.....:huh::huh:

--------------------------------

Seems to me if selling in one's state only, greatly decreases the chance for a quick sale.

When a cash buyer is knocking on your door who might just be from your neighboring state, shipping to an outstate FFL is less difficult than changing the oil in your car! Regardless if it's a long gun or handgun! When shipping the only problem you might/prolly encounter is the MORON behind the counter, who can't speak American or was hired as a Zombie with no brain...

Ya'll offer to meet a buyer and drive a certain number of mile's, who may or may not show up....loonacy...loonacy...doing this also suggest that one's time has NO VALUE!
Actually it's not that one's time is not valuable it is that one is just plain intellectually lazy about educating one's self on the simplicty of shipping: Example..

I offered a Seller here nearly $100 more than he was asking and that price included ship/ins to my FFL... 1) he did not need an FFL to ship; 2) I led him to a link that informed him how to ship a handgun legally to my FFL using GROUND SERVICE via UPS. I have not heard a word from him...!!!!

Just can't quite get a handle on the negative attiditude about shipping!

Okay, I am sorta disgusted with tunnel vision sellers and I hope most of you, will at least consider the message before killing*** this messenger. Plus, I've been up since 3a.m. not being able to breathe cause of a freeking horrible head cold and pounding headache....:(:(

***just a fig'r of speech

Guess I just had to get this outta my system...

Mike Sr. You wont win this argument on this site. You and I frequent the "other" forum, which is highly composed of mature collectors, where buying, selling, sending, and receiving guns is second nature.

Not speaking for everybody on this forum, but this forums average age is half what it is on our other forum. Consequently, these younger folks do not have the experience we're so lucky to have elsewhere. And, you live in the midwest, where gun ownership is much more respected. Many of the members of this forum live in or near the big, liberal left coast cities, where the average neighbor would vote to restrict your gun rights. It's just a different culture here.

So, give these folks a chance to learn, and maybe someday they'll understand the gun culture as we do.

Another thing...On the other site, it would be in very poor form to flake out on a gun deal. On this site, and the other local site, I've been flaked by three different buyers in the last two weeks. It's definitely different here than you're used to.

At the same time, I know there are folks that just plain will not ship a gun, not because they don't know any better, but because they have personal beliefs. I will continue to respect those folks too, and I will not even begin to think I'll ever change them.

See ya.

WAYNO.

I have shipped but VASTLY prefer the FTF sale.
Primarily since all I sell are guns I have used for a while, the question of condition is always open. I do not wish the headache of a buyer in another state claiming that I falsely advertised the piece. In a FTF, the buyer gets what he gets and there is no dispute. The condition is was it is and I can walk away without worrying about grief.
Although, one transaction had the buyer walk away happy and then call me back 4 hours later and say he changed his mind. Wanted his money back. I did not give it to him, I am not a store and there was nothing wrong with the piece, just buyers remorse. Think about dealing with that guy accross state lines!

OBTW, I knew Mike is a serious buyer and I would ship to him. So I have a couple of pistols listed, you want 'em for an extra $100, they are yours.

Please do share...

Why? For the same reason one person posts a b:tch session about another person's personal preferences; because they choose to.
Why ask a group of strangers a rhetorical question? My guess is you asked the seller, did not like his response, tried unsuccesfully to sway him, and now feel the need for public ridicule.
Lame and pathetic.

I have no problem shipping but for most guns people factor in the shipping cost and don't want to pay more than for what they can obtain the same firearm for locally. Shipping a handgun is the big pain and the handgun needs to be something special to pay that premium overnight shipping of close to $100. I have had Coctailer ship a few handguns for me to save around fifty bucks over doing it myself and he's a cool guy to chat guns with. For most guns, its cheaper for the buyer to do a FTF locally but I would ship if the buyer paid the extra costs. In the end its up to what the buyer and seller want to do. If either doesn't match the opposite, find someone else. Pity that theory doesn't work for govt services... :(

There is NO law that says you are required to show ID so that is above and beyond legal requirements.................

In the State of Oregon you have to be aquainted with the buyer in order to sell to them. If you are meeting a person for the first time and have no history with them its pretty much a given you need to see ID to know who you are talking to is who you are talking to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top