JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never sold or trade there but the one here has some used guns sometimes I think they are asking too much so that tells me they probably paid too much and some times they have nice guns cheap so they probably took advantage of some one if you know what your gun is worth then stick to your asking price you might have to be a little flexible but I wouldn't be to flexible because they will sale it sooner or later

You are not going to get a "good" price from them. You are going to get a set percentage of what they think they can get from the item in a retail setting. Probably end up at best with 50-60% of the actual value.

You will almost always get more selling guns as a private party. The trade-off is that it usually takes longer to sell them...

I buy (and have sold) many guns at Cabelas. My guys are great to deal with. I traded my 338 Win Mag towards a Merkel shotgun. He was not happy at how little he could give me for the rifle so discounted the (already inexpensive) shotgun an extra 200.00 to make up for it. I usually have guns sent in from other stores, 25.00 and if I don't like it.....that is all there is to it. There gun library is the only place I have ever bought guns from them. Sometimes the prices are too high and I move on but they are open to offers. The Merkel I just bought is worth something like 2,000-2500 other places, the price was 1,600 and they reduced it another 200.00 to help the trade work. The gun library has probably the best selection (cumulatively) of any high quality gunshop in the country.

Kinda what I was figuring. Thanks - guess I'll try and sell them here. Never done this before so I have some homework to do.
They do need to buy wholesale. They pay better than most gunshops or Pawn shops but can't pay retail. I think they work on a 30-40% margin.

Hell no.

Kinda what I was figuring. Thanks - guess I'll try and sell them here. Never done this before so I have some homework to do.

We are good folk and will help along the way to keep your transactions legal and above board.

It all depends upon if you can establish a good relationship with them. Just like any other Gunshop. I don't deal with them because they are a Distributor but only offer wholesale prices to their own stores.

I am sure that you have a better chance of getting closer to retail in a private sale. Sometimes people don't really know what retail is on there items (either high or low) judging value by other people's asking prices isn't the best barometer. That is why real estate is valued by actual sale prices, not asking prices. I have never bought a new gun from them (don't buy many new guns anywhere) but some of there sales look pretty good.

So I guess like anything else I can pay for convenience and sell the group of guns to Cabela's for a reduced price, or sell them individually myself, hoping for better prices. OK.

Unless you saw something there no one else has I was going to trade two pistols for an overpriced Sig at Cabelas. I ended up selling one on here and another to a friend and bought the Sig from Kieths Sporting goods. I came out well ahead.

Lol I put my two cents in early but my only question is why are you selling your guns I have lot's of guns that I don't use but will I sale them lol the answer is NO NOT A CHANCE

Lol I put my two cents in early but my only question is why are you selling your guns I have lot's of guns that I don't use but will I sale them lol the answer is NO NOT A CHANCE
Apparently Crazy Joe is running in 2020. Hold on to your retirement fund, I mean your guns.

If you want the best return, sell it here or sell on consignment at a LGS that you trust. You'll come out significantly ahead.
If you just want to get rid of them, you can go that route.

I have purchased guns at the Gun Library at significant discount, and when I brought them back and they've offered 50% of what I paid.
IMO, the Gun Library can be a good place to buy guns, though steep a times. I have seen better values at LGS shops.

Never sold or trade there but the one here has some used guns sometimes I think they are asking too much so that tells me they probably paid too much and some times they have nice guns cheap so they probably took advantage of some one if you know what your gun is worth then stick to your asking price you might have to be a little flexible but I wouldn't be to flexible because they will sale it sooner or later
You'd be surprised how many items big retail chains buy for $2 and sell for $20... it's insane.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top