JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I called it right, I got rid of all my firearms prior to the communist take over.

Did you end up buying some extra quality knives, 'hawks and/or axes?

Do you have a Red Ryder 1938 Replica BB rifle or something like that left?

Take care.

Cate

I'm going the opposite direction and buying, not selling. I've had friends and family asking me if I'll part with any guns, but I passed. I've got no reason to sell, and not sure where the money would go if I did. I'd rather have the guns than the money myself.

I tend to think that most politicians are stupid regardless of which party they represent.
ain-32329035-ed67-4932-a7c8-d5c71bf9869-resize-750.jpg

1) "I've got no reason to sell, and not sure where the money would go if I did. I'd rather have the guns than the money myself. "
This is wisdom.

2) " I tend to think that most politicians are stupid regardless of which party they represent."
I tend to think that most politicians are stupid evil regardless of which party they represent.
Fixed it. They ain't stupid. They know exactly what they're doing.

3) " It's Never Over 'till it's over! Never Give Up! Never."
_ W. Churchill

4) Freiheit uber Alles!
_ me

He who dies with the most guns and ammo wins............. I think, or at least he may only die of natural causes not other people.

besides, if you have no guns for people to try and take from you , what fun is that.

Not to minimize the current situation but we had these same conversations in 1994, 2000, and again in 2008 and again in 2012 after Sandy Hook.

My point is that we've been down before and come back just fine from the doom and gloom. ;)

I don't see it as minimizing the situation, but ignoring it all together.
Anyone who buys or sells firearms or accessories. Or conceal carry, or have an 03 FFL. Or any FFL. Or a need to find a place to shoot and practice. Need Insurance, ship, transact financial business regarding firearms and accessories. Find sponsors or investors for your firearm related business, or transport, are being constantly, year after year, increasingly restricted, lambasted, fined, taxed, ostracized, demoralized, marginalized, and regulated, and that's FINE?
Most of my guns are shooters not collectors. If things were "fine", I could sell them today Any time day or night, no problems with both buyer and seller happy. Just ten years ago, I could get about what I paid for them while the buyer got a good deal, but now, to sell them I'd have to discount them 30 to 40 dollars each assuming I could find a buyer willing to spend a day or more, in a severely reduced geographic market and willing to endure the red tape hassle to have them. Nobody today is gonna pay 140 dollars for an old nondescript 80 to 100 dollar 22 rifle or shotgun. How sweet that is huh? That "fine" means I can't even give them away!
The only folks who could agree with "fine" in my mind talk the talk, but don't walk the walk; shoot, buy, sell, protect etc. I have over seventy years of living, knowing, and experiencing the slow and steady loss of freedoms, pursuit of happiness, speech and the ability to have public contrary opinions. FINE? I'm not interested in that sort of fine. I was immature when I believed sacrificing seven full and sometimes distasteful years towards service to God and country would have helped ensure a better future for America.
Fine only fits if you have no hope or expectations.
For some inexplicable reason I still have hope our young folks will wake up and reject "fine" though I'm not likely to be around to see it.

Sounds like I touched a nerve with the word fine. I'd love to run around with my hair on fire about it all. But anytime I've done that in the past it always seems silly in hindsight. I still have 22lr ammo from 2009 when the last dim took office. Should have sold it then! A few anecdotal observations:

1. When I got my CHL 20 years ago they were very uncommon in not only my state but across the entire nation. Now we have a record amount of both states and citizens that Carry legally. Winning IMO.

2. In 1994 when they banned assault rifles hardly anyone outside of govmint owned them. The magazines to feed them were banned from production unless for LE/MIL. Now AR15s are made by hundreds of different companies and the rifles are owned by millions of Americans in all states along with the magazines that were "banned" 27 years ago. Winning again....

3. A big part of the gun and ammo shortage we are facing is being driven by NEW gun owners. Not by us oldies throwing our gear out after listening to the fake news. When demand outstrips supply we are winning. Increased adoption = winning.

4. Suppressor, sbr and general NFA ownership are all up. More winning.

I'm not as old as you but aside from low iq politicians speaking to their low iq voters about how they are going to prevent low iq gun criminals from committing low iq crimes.......I think we are winning in many ways. Not trying to get your blood pressure up again but I would argue we're doing better than "fine" for the last 27 years.

If you want to go back to Reagan's 1986 NFA ban or GCA 1968 or even further to NFA 1934 then this discussion may change. But with our society as it is today it's probably wise that we don't still sell full auto long guns via mail order.

As a side note.....Driving under the influence used to not be that big of a deal either. The cops would take your beer, tell you to go home or take you there themselves. After drunk drivers killed thousands per year for decades the govmint decided to install some regulations to ease the carnage. We still have the booze and our cars BTW. So we're doing fine there too ;). More people drink than ever and we have more choices than ever. I have ADHD moments while trying to select a microbrew for instance. Drink what you want just don't drive.

Both alcohol AND guns are taxed by the feds. Lip service and nibble around the edges regs aside I don't see them outlawing either revenue stream. It'd be like the butcher joining PETA.

PS don't lose hope on the "younger" generation. They have more information at their fingertips and unlike previous generations they are no longer at the mercy of the legacy media when the time comes to form opinion. The pendulum will swing again....it's by design. The powers that be need the back and forth so we don't focus on the real problems they have created for us. And I'm sorry that I ruffled your feathers...that wasn't my intention! Hang in there!

I recall Billyjeff the Lecher moaning about AWB costing them at least 20 seats. The balance is too close for them to p1ss people off to that level right now.
OR
Maybe after doing all they can to convince us that we'll NEED those EBRs they will ban them just to criminalize a defining behavior by their enemy.
They just stole the election in broad daylight, which is a defining behavior of Tyranny so they don't want all those angry peons as well armed as they are now.

Between the choice of fear or hubris, past experience seems to indicate that their true believers will most likely go with hubris. It seems that they can't help themselves in this regard.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top