JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As for selling....
Well something to think about is that if you sell today...you may not be able to get a replacement tomorrow.
Andy
And I'm looking for something as "simple" as a revolver... I have a few smaller regrets, including one that I like to drag @11Charlie into, but I sold a 686+ a handful of years ago and I haven't been able to find the exact replacement semi local.
There have been times in my life when parting with some firearms to gather cash in anticipation of more difficult financial times was certainly the thing to do. There have been some special(to me) firearms that passed thru my hands. Only one or two are on the shopping list. The important ones, either family guns or ones I have a specific purpose for, stay.
I am in my late 50's and could go the rest of my life, and not wear out what i have. My concern is being abie to feed them. If i find bullets, primers or powder in a caliber i have i buy them. I have no intention of selling any guns - i may give a few away to family and good friends.
I've been acquiring some with the intention of putting them in my will or handing them down before then.

I am not denying the possibilities of additional legislation, bills etc. for more 'gun control' but consider this:

The dems got away with 'something' in this election. What exactly I do not know but there were/are far too many odd occurrences and actions by all involved.

The new administration does not seem to be operating 'normally'. There are far too many inconsistencies, lack of cooperation, disorganization etc. amongst all of them and along with it all there seems to be an undertone of 'guilt' over something. Its like they are running from something but can't really get away.

I see it - I 'feel' it in the words and actions of the 'major players' and whatever it is/was it still a very big issue with republicans and will no doubt continue to be.

Therefore if the dems have bullscat for brains they should take notice they most likely have about 74 M+ people who don't give a ratz azz about any of them and maybe they need to 'cut their losses' when it comes to ANY further gun issues because the pot is already at a high simmer.........

I acquired a new cartridge (10mm A) and somehow ended up with two new pistols for them, as a result, I now needed to reconsider my cartridges choices. I rather be smart about what guns and ammo I own than how many and their multitude of different chamberings. Been selling off ammo and guns I bought years ago and never shot; why keep? I sold a number of SA rifles before the election at a premium with no regrets. Bought new toys and ammo at great deals, too.

Like I said, I want to be smart about what I have and use them, than just toys taking up space.

I

Therefore if the dems have bullscat for brains they should take notice they most likely have about 74 M+ people who don't give a ratz azz about any of them and maybe they need to 'cut their losses' when it comes to ANY further gun issues because the pot is already at a high simmer.........
I agree. States will go after guns first as Bidens admin handle other issues. We probably wont see national gun action for a year or so.

As for selling....
Well something to think about is that if you sell today...you may not be able to get a replacement tomorrow.
Andy

Listen to the wise words. A few extra dollars now may not be worth it when you can't replace something you sold to take advantage of the current market.

You all know which way things are likely to go under the new administration and Congress. I'd say selling items that are probably going to be targeted, may be a move you come to regret later.

Never take your rights for granted, not even for a few quick bucks. If your rights matter to you, don't surrender them and risk being without what you want, or need, later. Think long term, not immediate gratification.

That said, if you've got some items you genuinely don't care if you can't get them back later, by all means, go ahead, get some cash.

Ive bought lots of guns. Ive sold lots of guns. I dont see the prices on used guns having risen all that much right now.
I've been pursuing an overall philosophy that I like to summarize as "fewer, better", and for those "better" on my to get list the price isn't inflated much if any, and they have been fairly available.

The glaring exception is the stamped SBS I wanted to base off a 590 Shockwave; those things have become insane.

If you have some firearms you've been thinking about selling (especially scary ones), now might be the time to do it. We are facing potential legislative headwinds for firearm ownership and transfers, increasing length and difficulty of getting background checks processed and a likelihood of a slumping economy. None of these things would point to values of firearms going much higher. I have been waiting for an Obama type boost in AR values to sell off a good portion of my collection, but I don't see that happening now. During all the chaos that occured during 2020, AR prices did not rise as much as I had expected. If the State or Feds pass restrictions with no free grandfathering of existing firearms, then the market could take a real dump. High ammo prices probably aren't helping the situation either. I am not going to wait for the peak, I think it's time to sell.

I'm hanging on to the nice firearm collection I've put together over the years. Have slowly but surely been upgrading to what I really want to keep in the safe. As far as I'm concerned, the grandkids can figure out what to do with all of it
If you have some firearms you've been thinking about selling (especially scary ones), now might be the time to do it. We are facing potential legislative headwinds for firearm ownership and transfers, increasing length and difficulty of getting background checks processed and a likelihood of a slumping economy. None of these things would point to values of firearms going much higher. I have been waiting for an Obama type boost in AR values to sell off a good portion of my collection, but I don't see that happening now. During all the chaos that occured during 2020, AR prices did not rise as much as I had expected. If the State or Feds pass restrictions with no free grandfathering of existing firearms, then the market could take a real dump. High ammo prices probably aren't helping the situation either. I am not going to wait for the peak, I think it's time to sell.

Who knows what will happen? On one hand, logic would dictate that the Dems want to keep the power they have and why chance loosing legislative seats over gun control when they have more important issues they want to push though. On the other hand, they feel empowered now and just might go for the throat on all liberal issues.
Anything is possible, just have to wait and see. So for me, I am keeping my guns and ammo. Not buying, not selling either. I am good with what I have and will ride it out.

Who knows what will happen? On one hand, logic would dictate that the Dems want to keep the power they have and why chance loosing legislative seats over gun control when they have more important issues they want to push though. On the other hand, they feel empowered now and just might go for the throat on all liberal issues.
Anything is possible, just have to wait and see. So for me, I am keeping my guns and ammo. Not buying, not selling either. I am good with what I have and will ride it out.

Don't assume people are stupid just because you dont like them.

None of these things would point to values of firearms going much higher. I have been waiting for an Obama type boost in AR values to sell off a good portion of my collection, but I don't see that happening now. During all the chaos that occured during 2020, AR prices did not rise as much as I had expected.

I don't entirely agree. We have to wait a bit longer to see what's happening.

Due to age and health issues, I've been letting most of my stuff go. I've had thoughts about AR's, to some degree based on historical precedent. Such as Jan 2013 when prices really went nuts. We haven't seen a repeat of that. Yet. In fact, in 2016, we got the Trump Slump and AR prices were in the basement until the Covid thing hit. Then they went back up again, some. Nowhere like they did in early 2013, but they recovered from the Trump Slump and then some.

My view is to wait a while longer with the AR's. When threat of an assault rifle ban gets more dire. Both federally and at state level. With Dems fully at the helm, it's a distinct possibility now. And fairly soon. Also, with the Biden plan for registering and taxing them as NFA weapons, that could actually have a boosting effect. Given a bit of time, under that scenario the prices of legal pieces might go high.

As to other types of firearms, now is a really good time to sell due to conditions of scarcity. High demand due to panic and security concerns, low production output due to Covid, etc.

I have been waiting for an Obama type boost in AR values to sell off a good portion of my collection, but I don't see that happening now. During all the chaos that occured during 2020, AR prices did not rise as much as I had expected.
I don't know what you expected, but during the great selloff of 2018-ish, I bought a few really inexpensive AR firearms because I just couldn't resist. One was, for instance, an AR pistol in 300 BLK for about $300. A few other carbines for a little more. Those sold for between $800 and $1000 last summer and fall.

The higher end stuff, I saw very little evidence of first time buyers buying up $2500 carbines and whatnot, which isn't really surprising to me.

I still have never sold a gun. I still have never sold parts or accessories. Unused parts and accessories are always free to close friends.
keep loosing all yours in boating accidents too huh? man those canoes are top heavy with all you tackle in there arent they! i could never get the hang of it but you know what they say.. practice makes perfect. maybe one day ill master it *sigh*

IMO while dems claim to be for firearm restrictions (I do believe them) I really do believe they wont push an assault weapons ban at the federal level. I think the political cost is just to high to stomach. Now at the State level thats a different ball game.
oh they wil do it, knowing this is a time that may never come again they will definitely throw themselves on their swords to try. just to say they did and that that they cant be blamed for ANY gun related recourses or tragedies or what have you may come. they always play that high and mighty card.

i hope im dead wrong.

keep loosing all yours in boating accidents too huh? man those canoes are top heavy with all you tackle in there arent they! i could never get the hang of it but you know what they say.. practice makes perfect. maybe one day ill master it *sigh*
Dude! Those inflatable mattresses don't handle worth a dammed with an outboard motor! Stuff just goes everywhere!

True for POSSESSION. If you insert a big mag in your Kali compliant AR/AK/? you've created an "Assault Weapon" and the weapon must be currently Registered as such, RAW. Not on the list, you've just committed a felony. You can have but can not USE big mags. PAX
The problem is that a RAW owner is not required to carry or show proof that the gun is registered. After the Roberti-Roos act which banned rifles by name, The state issued nothing to say yep, you're registered so you had no way of proving the gun was registered so the county ranges just said No, you can't shoot that here. After about a year or so, they relented when they realized just how effed up the whole thing was. But you still don't need to carry proof of registration and 99+% of the LEO's don't really care if your rifle is or isn't registered
In my experience, I never heard of anyone getting busted by dint of just having the gun. They were inevitably busted for doing something else stupid and then the cops would say "Well, lookie here..." as they found the rifle in the car the idiot was driving while drunk, selling drugs and/or speeding. Then the rifle beef became a bargaining chip in the trial.

There was one guy in the North Bay, I recall who liked to drive fast to or from the range who got pulled over and had the cops confiscate his M1A, TWICE! The M1A was not considered an Assault Weapon at the time due to it's lack of a pistol grip and flash hider. Two court cases and a lawsuit got that PD up to snuff as to what was and wasn't an AW, but what it really did was demonstrate to everyone how stupid the law was.
So of course, California doubled down on it in 2016 with Gunmageddon. And the rest, they say, is history.
But...
Maybe, just maybe things are turning around there because Duncan v. Becerra is going their way with Judge Benitez and the Ninth saying the Mag ban is indeed unconstitutional. Once that case gets closed the next logical step is if those "Hicap" mags can be owned, then it follows that they can be used. And hopefully that decision throws a lot of SB-23, Prop 63 and Gunmageddon right on the trash heap where they belong.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top