JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a thought, which is more than the president* has put in it. If Americans, the one who are so scared of AR15/AKs they've legally purchased x-millions of them Biden wants us to register them as NFA weapons of war. Maybe people would convert them to said weapons. Seems like nothing to lose and everything to gain. As I said. Just a thought.

When I spoke before of making them prove it. Just that. For years claims have been made from the left of the capabilities of certain firearms but not once have they had to show it. From high power capacity to hundreds of rounds per second to undetectable ghost guns that can fire repeated rounds. Any or all of it. Just mindless accusations.

When I spoke before of making them prove it. Just that. For years claims have been made from the left of the capabilities of certain firearms but not once have they had to show it. From high power capacity to hundreds of rounds per second to undetectable ghost guns that can fire repeated rounds. Any or all of it. Just mindless accusations.
2+2=5 now.
California proves that.
Facts are racist now.
Try to support this position in any way these days and things will inevitably circle back to "you want a gun because you're inherently racist but just don't know it."

Not to minimize the current situation but we had these same conversations in 1994, 2000, and again in 2008 and again in 2012 after Sandy Hook.

Then the pendulum swung the other way and it was salad days for guns AND ammo under trump. Ammo and guns were dirt cheap and most the shops I frequented were complaining about how slow it was. My point is that we've been down before and come back just fine from the doom and gloom. Just had to have patience.

When you are telling yourself how amazed you are with cheap and plentiful you should be buying said cheap and plentiful. When everything is doom and gloom and there is talk of never being able to buy ammo or guns again the prices are going to naturally go up. Once Joe and the slow get slaughtered in the midterms these supply and demand dynamics will disappear just like the virus is disappearing after the inauguration ;)

Pssssst, hey you, come over here, I got this here Colt Python to sell to ya, yea you, man, this thing is So Choice, it's like the Virgin Marry Choice! Only $6,000 today for you, special deal, one time only! Yea, I got ammo for it too, but that's gonna cost ya extra, man! So whatta ya think, we got a deal man, or what?

I would like them to show us the constitutionality of enacting a tax on something that has already been purchased. Such a "post" tax would be mired in the court system before it ever really got out of the gate. Not a lot to worry about there I think.

As to the OP's question, I'm not sure that AR's where ever really a good investment vehicle. The price margin on them was just to great in the beginning, that and everyone and the uncle makes them. If you have no attachment to them, than I think you are right - Time to sell. I think that very soon there will be a fire sale on them as the Fed "Threaten" more legislation.

Just my 2 cents

Not to minimize the current situation but we had these same conversations in 1994, 2000, and again in 2008 and again in 2012 after Sandy Hook.

Then the pendulum swung the other way and it was salad days for guns AND ammo under trump. Ammo and guns were dirt cheap and most the shops I frequented were complaining about how slow it was. My point is that we've been down before and come back just fine from the doom and gloom. Just had to have patience.

When you are telling yourself how amazed you are with cheap and plentiful you should be buying said cheap and plentiful. When everything is doom and gloom and there is talk of never being able to buy ammo or guns again the prices are going to naturally go up. Once Joe and the slow get slaughtered in the midterms these supply and demand dynamics will disappear just like the virus is disappearing after the inauguration ;)

I'm trying really hard to share your optimism here.
But I'm getting to the tail end of my hopium pipe scrapings lately. :(

Heck I vaguely remember some anti gun babble way back when during Cater's time.

Regardless however what I find 'unhealthy' is the 'crystal balling' and putting things in a 'past tense' reference as if it IS going to happen or already has.

I continually read some say 'WHEN' they come for your guns, and "When' they pass this or that - but have they yet??

I am not discounting the possibilities but wouldn't it be a more pragmatic approach to stay aware of the current and political events and deal with the issues IF they become a reality as opposed to preemptive actions?

There is also my 'cynical' side that sees some of this as possibly being 'used' by some to say 'influence' those who may be more easily influenced into a 'sky is falling' scenario and a little 'fear mongering' ain't a bad sales pitch.

Heck I vaguely remember some anti gun babble way back when during Cater's time.

Regardless however what I find 'unhealthy' is the 'crystal balling' and putting things in a 'past tense' reference as if it IS going to happen or already has.

I continually read some say 'WHEN' they come for your guns, and "When' they pass this or that - but have they yet??

I am not discounting the possibilities but wouldn't it be a more pragmatic approach to stay aware of the current and political events and deal with the issues IF they become a reality as opposed to preemptive actions?

There is also my 'cynical' side that sees some of this as possibly being 'used' by some to say 'influence' those who may be more easily influenced into a 'sky is falling' scenario and a little 'fear mongering' ain't a bad sales pitch.

CALIFORNIA has already happened.
And it's getting worse everyday there.

Why do people keep ignoring an entire state?
It has already set the precedent.

The getting has been good the past four years. I trust many weren't lulled into complacency and put off getting what you should have. Ammo had been dirt cheap and then was the time to buy. Same with firearms.
What I believe we are going to see, here in Oregon anyway, is restrictions on purchasing, similar to Kali laws. On the federal level don't be surprised to see online sales and auctions go on the wayside, higher fees for FFL's and taxes on guns. Can you say "NFA"?

I've got all my buying and selling done for a while! Now, just going to sit on what I've got and look to some other ventures.:s0155:

CALIFORNIA has already happened.
And it's getting worse everyday there.

Why do people keep ignoring an entire state?
It has already set the precedent.
Well, in many ways California is an example of the Democrats' failure to actually enact the gun control laws they eagerly advertise. California first required "assault weapon" registration in the 90's and still hasn't confiscated those registered firearms. They tried to ban possession of magazines and the federal courts blocked the law. The federal appellate court ruled in favor of the gun owners. The state has asked the appellate court to hear the appeal again. This is in a state without any effective Republican resistance in state government. The ruling party there has a blank check.

Nope, dude you are fooling yourself, it will never go back to the `good times` the scumbags control everything now and when old man smell biden makes 30 million illegals..legal..that will be it for the GOP we will never be in power again..we are headed out just like N Z and the land of OZ...

Well, in many ways California is an example of the Democrats' failure to actually enact the gun control laws they eagerly advertise. California first required "assault weapon" registration in the 90's and still hasn't confiscated those registered firearms. They tried to ban possession of magazines and the federal courts blocked the law. The federal appellate court ruled in favor of the gun owners. The state has asked the appellate court to hear the appeal again. This is in a state without any effective Republican resistance in state government. The ruling party there has a blank check.

True for POSSESSION. If you insert a big mag in your Kali compliant AR/AK/? you've created an "Assault Weapon" and the weapon must be currently Registered as such, RAW. Not on the list, you've just committed a felony. You can have but can not USE big mags. PAX

Referencing "bans" of the past, and the effects on VALUE. Prior bans were sheet sammichs, and we're currently in line for a veritable buffet of fecal matter. I can't begin to guess what value really means in a future where gasoline IS going up, food is already up for good, and the dollar falls with every executive order signed.
If selling your consumer durables for cash, what's your plan for the cash?

True for POSSESSION. If you insert a big mag in your Kali compliant AR/AK/? you've created an "Assault Weapon" and the weapon must be currently Registered as such, RAW. Not on the list, you've just committed a felony. You can have but can not USE big mags. PAX

This isn't true. You are allowed to possess and use "high cap" mags, as long as you're not putting them in fixed magazine set ups.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top