JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am in my late 50's and could go the rest of my life, and not wear out what i have. My concern is being abie to feed them. If i find bullets, primers or powder in a caliber i have i buy them. I have no intention of selling any guns - i may give a few away to family and good friends.

American ingenuity will find a way to stay within the law and also around it.

Speaking of selling, what do you have? I might be interested.
Mostly basic beech ARs, some stripped lowers and maybe a built lower or two. When I decide what is going to go, they will be posted here on NWFA classifieds.

If anybody has a convincing argument as to why AR prices will rise significantly in the next 6 months or so, I can wait for a bit. I just don't see it happening and I don't want to take a loss on them if the antis in Oregon start passing some of the crazy laws they have proposed in the past.

I will be keeping what I need but I am way beyond my needs in the AR dept right now.

Mostly basic beech ARs, some stripped lowers and maybe a built lower or two. When I decide what is going to go, they will be posted here on NWFA classifieds.

If anybody has a convincing argument as to why AR prices will rise significantly in the next 6 months or so, I can wait for a bit. I just don't see it happening and I don't want to take a loss on them if the antis in Oregon start passing some of the crazy laws they have proposed in the past.

I will be keeping what I need but I am way beyond my needs in the AR dept right now.
Sounds good. I do need some more lowers. I'll keep an eye out in case you decide to dump them.

If you have some firearms you've been thinking about selling (especially scary ones), now might be the time to do it. We are facing potential legislative headwinds for firearm ownership and transfers, increasing length and difficulty of getting background checks processed and a likelihood of a slumping economy. None of these things would point to values of firearms going much higher. I have been waiting for an Obama type boost in AR values to sell off a good portion of my collection, but I don't see that happening now. During all the chaos that occured during 2020, AR prices did not rise as much as I had expected. If the State or Feds pass restrictions with no free grandfathering of existing firearms, then the market could take a real dump. High ammo prices probably aren't helping the situation either. I am not going to wait for the peak, I think it's time to sell.
This is fear.
The reality is, a small group of people don't get to tell everyone in the US what they can or cannot do as if they have a certain moral superiority over the rights, lives and private property of others.
But yeah...sell uR stuff. Its a free country.

This is fear.
The reality is, a small group of people don't get to tell everyone in the US what they can or cannot do as if they have a certain moral superiority over the rights, lives and private property of others.
But yeah...sell uR stuff. Its a free country.
Let's get off the fear train for a bit. I am trying to figure out whether we are at the peak in AR pricing or if I should wait a few months. These are excess firearms that I would like to sell so I can reinvest the money in something else.

Right now the antis are using fear and rhetoric. But we have to make them prove it. Not every place has Portland's level of chaos. We have to not only push politicians but also figure out a way to push the courts into following the law. Especially federally.

West Virginia (or Virginia, it's early) had them shook. The anti's don't seem to have a Plan B for a lot of things. Conservative leaders tend to have no plan. If the antis can't impose their will federally I don't see how it will work. Also I am forecasting a little voter's remorse.

There is at least one other option:

Buy when others are fearful and sell when others are being greedy. I don't care if its gold, bitcoin, real estate or guns. I live by those words although it is hard to do sometimes. Everytime I don't follow my own advice I look back and wish that I had. Good luck no matter what decision you make!

All they will do by passing this much anti-gun legislation is spark a black market of arms proliferation within the U.S.. You will never get rid of guns within the United states.
Scratches constantly "Got any of them 9mm?" Begs the AMMO HEAD.......

I can see where this is going. And I got some cheeseburgers man.:s0098:

@arakboss has good points that I have been pondering as well.
And these days - especially - using a metric (or opinion) based on what will - or won't be done by 'supportive legislators' is practically moot for 2021. "The times they are a changing." For sure.
The question was value. I have a few high end AR's. And my position now is - either 'keep' forever and risk registration, a tax stamp or confiscation. Honestly - to keep from feeling guilty - I'd almost sell now to get the best return on my money. Wait for a few months until things get really really dicey and fearful and then watch how many folks will be evaluating their position on holding - or even buying more rifles - I don't think - would be a good move.

Thanks for the post. This has been on my mind for a bit.

And fwiw: How many folks in this thread have been busted holding any NFA weapons before?

@arakboss has good points that I have been pondering as well.
And these days - especially - using a metric (or opinion) based on what will - or won't be done by 'supportive legislators' is practically moot for 2021. "The times they are a changing." For sure.
The question was value. I have a few high end AR's. And my position now is - either 'keep' forever and risk registration, a tax stamp or confiscation. Honestly - to keep from feeling guilty - I'd almost sell now to get the best return on my money. Wait for a few months until things get really really dicey and fearful and then watch how many folks will be evaluating their position on holding - or even buying more rifles - I don't think - would be a good move.

Thanks for the post. This has been on my mind for a bit.

And fwiw: How many folks in this thread have been busted holding any NFA weapons before?
Exactly my concerns regarding value. I thought I would have had an opportunity to sell at a great price leading up to the election but that opportunity never came. AR prices have been pretty stagnant for the last year. Thanks @EHJ for understanding where I was coming from with my question.

I had a plan to sell off some of my firearms. Right now Im really weighing the choice.. Ill most likely never have access again.. that thought worries me some.

Another fear, what if they ban private party transfers of newly deemed "assault weapons"? I have a feeling they will pull that card to nuke the private sale market.. diminishing the "value". That or they make the existing ones NFA items and charge a tax stamp per transfer.

Luckily I think that is a year or two away. Something that big takes time to pass. The economy and covid have to be dealt with first. I think however end of this year we'll start seeing legislative efforts creep their way to the surface. States will attempt things first, then we'll see it nationally.

Exactly my concerns regarding value. I thought I would have had an opportunity to sell at a great price leading up to the election but that opportunity never came. AR prices have been pretty stagnant for the last year. Thanks @EHJ for understanding where I was coming from with my question.
It's weird. Parts values are through the roof but whole rifles are cheap. I think people are building like crazy. 80% lowers have been oos in most places forever. Primary arms sells out daily.....money is in the parts if you ask me. Basic bcg that was $60 in 2019 fetching $120 all day

I had a plan to sell off some of my firearms. Right now Im really weighing the choice.. Ill most likely never have access again.. that thought worries me some.

Another fear, what if they ban private party transfers of newly deemed "assault weapons"? I have a feeling they will pull that card to nuke the private sale market.. diminishing the "value". That or they make the existing ones NFA items and charge a tax stamp per transfer.

Luckily I think that is a year or two away. Something that big takes time to pass. The economy and covid have to be dealt with first. I think however end of this year we'll start seeing legislative efforts creep their way to the surface. States will attempt things first, then we'll see it nationally.
The Oregon way is to not let transfers occur any longer, except to an FFL which then has to get them out of the State, not sure if that is how a Federal law would go down. Your ARs won't be worth much in Oregon if you can not legally transfer them to other Oregonians. I would rather miss out on a little more upside than be stuck with a huge downside. Will Salem pass something like was proposed previously? Who knows but I don't feel much like taking a chance for something I want to sell anyways.

It's weird. Parts values are through the roof but whole rifles are cheap. I think people are building like crazy. 80% lowers have been oos in most places forever. Primary arms sells out daily.....money is in the parts if you ask me. Basic bcg that was $60 in 2019 fetching $120 all day
That is strange. I think it's because so many people bought stripped lowers and they finally decided this is the year to finish them. Maybe I should try parting out a couple of rifles instead of selling complete?

The Oregon way is to not let transfers occur any longer, except to an FFL which then has to get them out of the State, not sure if that is how a Federal law would go down. Your ARs won't be worth much in Oregon if you can not legally transfer them to other Oregonians. I would rather miss out on a little more upside than be stuck with a huge downside. Will Salem pass something like was proposed previously? Who knows but I don't feel much like taking a chance for something I want to sell anyways.
Honestly if they wanted to neuter all private sales, banning transfers (of "evil" firearms) in state would accomplish that. We'll see a MASSIVE sales rush though. A fire sale like we've never seen before.. OSP will be backlogged for months.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top