JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did that once on a bass. My one regret in life, other than the nights spent in jail(s).
You sold a Rickenbacker? OMG man! Oh, the humanity!
That is a beautiful azure glow 4001! I had a Ric 481 six string guitar with slanted frets stolen from the house about 15 years ago (double bad since I sold two guns to buy it!) Unfortunately just inherited some Ric basses from my brother who passed in January including his original azure glow 4000. Wish he was still playing them.
Rickenbacker78_4001BlueRA199_10.jpg

If they are truly extras and you don't care about possibly not getting them back sell them.

BUT...

Think VERY carefully about what is truly an "extra." With the way our country is heading, you may have a real need for them in the near future...either for yourself, as spares in case one goes down, to outfit family and like minded individuals, or to barter and trade with.

If you don't think you will miss them I would start selling them soon but slowly. If Biden wins, the anti-gunners keep a majority in the house and the anti-gunners win a majority in the Senate the prices will skyrocket. You might miss out on some profits by selling some before election but if Trump wins and the GOP keeps the majority in the Senate we will likely see happy days again in the firearm market.

If war breaks out, do you want to be able to arm your family, your friends, and your neighbors?

Do any of your kids/grandkids want some (or all) of your firearms as part of their inheritance from you?

Decisions, decisions. Best of luck to you, friend.

I tried I have a Bushmaster 16" AR15A2 I dont love much. Probably a mag through it. I put it up on Armslist or something like that. All new magpul furniture AND 500 rounds of wolf . Not a single bite. $1200 or something like that. Some guns yeah, getting crazy prices. Most arent.

I tried I have a Bushmaster 16" AR15A2 I dont love much. Probably a mag through it. I put it up on Armslist or something like that. All new magpul furniture AND 500 rounds of wolf . Not a single bite. $1200 or something like that. Some guns yeah, getting crazy prices. Most arent.
I have been watching closed ads on ARs here and quite a few have sold in the $600 range. You might be able to get closer to your asking price with ammo if Biden wins and his comrades take both houses.

Yeah but you will have a few months after election day at minimum and prices will go full retard between election outcome day and when/if they are banned.
I dont see Congress going along with that. They'll want to retain their seats and banning whole categories of weapons isnt going to help them do that. Not much a President can do on his own.

I've been down this road before.
Before all of the BGC BS I bought and sold a lot of guns just to have the opportunity to play with something different. While I never approached owning the amount of guns that some are sitting on, I'd acquired many. At one point I wanted to put together my ol Mustang. I took account of the guns I had, deciding on what "could go" and what shouldn't.
I sold a bunch. Some for a pretty profit, some for a small loss, but most for similar prices I'd paid. I did gather up a bunch of money, put the car together and liked the room in the safe.
Then I bought more... And I saw a change coming up that I didn't like and I did the same again, I evaluated and sold. Once again appreciated the extra cash and room in the safe.
A couple of years later Dad died and the guns he had came to me. Now we're back to having a stuffed safe and some guns cased and stashed away. Some of these are sentimental, family history if you will, that my nephews understand and appreciate. Some, well, I dunno.

To me, guns are an asset. Whether the asset is financial or as a tool is up to the owner.

If war breaks out, do you want to be able to arm your family, your friends, and your neighbors?

Do any of your kids/grandkids want some (or all) of your firearms as part of their inheritance from you?

Decisions, decisions. Best of luck to you, friend.

I could arm the whole damn neighborhood. Bought and sold bought and sold. I don't lose a tear over any of it. I'm probably sitting a hundred grand worth of gun crap.

1) "Don't need the money but..."
There's the money quote (literally :D).
If you don't NEED the $ for stupid fripperies like food and rent keep the guns. With inflation $ is worth less every day. Not so for guns.

2) "i will only sell ones that I did a BGC on, all the ones bought before, I'm keeping."
If ammo purchase requires that you own a gun in that caliber you might want to keep some those officially approved for ammo acquisition.

3) "War with who? With Aliens maybe."
The situation is more analogous to pre-WW2 Spain than War of the Worlds.
The denizens of the Left are constantly threatening civil war if they don't get their way. I would suggest they more likely candidates than extra-terrestrials.

I was faced with a similar situation a half dozen years ago (+/-) during one of the previous "gun bubbles" where prices skyrocketed. Similar, but different, because I was in a bad financial situation and really needed money. I ended out selling ALL of my AK's and AR's, the FAL, R-25, LTR (and about a dozen handguns)... I can't even remember all of them.

Life is full of regrets, but I'm over it. They were wonderful machines, like the '68 Mustang I once owned, or the '86 FJ1200. Lot's of life's treasures come and go. I kept a variety of lessor semi-auto, bolt and levers, and I can't imagine any situation that I will ever actually find myself in, that I'm not covered for.

Bottom line, if you don't need the money hold onto any one that makes you smile when you pick it up.

Haha ... They all make me smile when I pick them up which enters into the equation ... they are all my babies ... hard to part with your babies !

I think if your collection adds joy to your life, and you don't need the extra money you would get by selling them - you should keep them.

Some people collect stamps, or teapots, and it makes them happy. You have a collection of guns that makes you happy

Plus, they're more functional for defense or hunting than a teapot.

I think if your collection adds joy to your life, and you don't need the extra money you would get by selling them - you should keep them.

Some people collect stamps, or teapots, and it makes them happy. You have a collection of guns that makes you happy

Plus, they're more functional for defense or hunting than a teapot.
Yes. Unlike many collectibles, guns have a use.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top