JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have three rifles that went from less than $1K that I purchased them for are now worth $3-4K because they are "rare". For decades those were my primary defensive weapon, and they are my backups now (behind my 5.7 firearms). No others have appreciated that much - I did notice the other day some retailer on gun.deals asking $1600+ for a PS90 while the Five Seven remains at under $1K. The PS90 rifles used to be between $1200 and $1400 NIB.

*shrug*

It isn't worth it to me to sell something for maybe 20% more than I paid for it. And the rifles that are now worth 3-4X more? I could not replace them if I sold them for that - I suppose I could buy some Tavors - but then, if I really wanted to, I could buy some Tavors now (indeed, if I get a job before January, I may buy some anyway); it isn't that I don't have the $, it is just that I want to keep a certain amount of $ in reserve - just as I do with ammo and guns.

Now if one or more of my guns were suddenly worth $10K more than I paid for them, I would be much more inclined to sell them for that (assuming they could be easily sold for that) because I could buy so many more guns of equal capability for much less and ammo too.

Right now there is a bid on a Taurus Raging Judge in 2in barrel for $1400 and up. Crazy!!!!

I am selling off my excess. I only have two arms but of course would like an extra 10k in ammo.

I have three rifles that went from less than $1K that I purchased them for are now worth $3-4K because they are "rare". For decades those were my primary defensive weapon, and they are my backups now (behind my 5.7 firearms). No others have appreciated that much - I did notice the other day some retailer on gun.deals asking $1600+ for a PS90 while the Five Seven remains at under $1K. The PS90 rifles used to be between $1200 and $1400 NIB.

*shrug*

It isn't worth it to me to sell something for maybe 20% more than I paid for it. And the rifles that are now worth 3-4X more? I could not replace them if I sold them for that - I suppose I could buy some Tavors - but then, if I really wanted to, I could buy some Tavors now (indeed, if I get a job before January, I may buy some anyway); it isn't that I don't have the $, it is just that I want to keep a certain amount of $ in reserve - just as I do with ammo and guns.

Now if one or more of my guns were suddenly worth $10K more than I paid for them, I would be much more inclined to sell them for that (assuming they could be easily sold for that) because I could buy so many more guns of equal capability for much less and ammo too.

Keep in mind.
The early PS90's bring a bit more.

Unless you're gonna sell several thousand dollars worth,I wouldn't. Thought about selling a few myself but I don't think an extra $500-800 or so is gonna help my financial situation much. Debt is already pretty controlled and I'd likely just buy another to replace what I sold, anyway so what's the point.

House and cars all paid for so not a money issue . Some good points here , what's another 20 years in the safe ? ,think I will hang on to them and hope that Beto doesn't get a chance to come take them away (from my cold dead hands).

I am kinda there too, just to test the waters I put an Arsenal SAM7-SF on gunbroker and it sold at 3025.00! I am keeping my "keepers" but any extras that I can more than double my money on and replace later, gone.

In the business world capital money and expense money are two very different things, and the two should never be mixed. Using capital money to pay current expenses means you are circling the bowl. Guns are capital items. When you sell guns to buy groceries or pay the utility bill, or pay for insurance you are using capital money to pay current expenses. Never a good idea if you can help it.

Tough to say what another should do.

However if one was going to sell firearms anyways (for whatever reasons), now is a reasonably decent time to do so.

Set a price & if they sell, they sell. If they don't, then sell them the next market cycle.

Ex, if this election results in the same administration, the easiest market "predictor" is the next election cycle.

Granted this market cycle has other influences involved, however there will be another cycle. Will it be as severe? No idea, and certainly hope not from a simple society and 2A stability standpoint.

I have a couple I'd consider selling if I thought I could get any of the other things I want right now. Everything I'd use the money for is sold out everywhere. Can't find a .357 snub anywhere. Sub 1500 dollar 1911s? Nope. Lever action 3030? Good luck. I could go on, but the point is that currently it's too difficult to replace anything I may consider selling.

I would trade the ones you're not tied to. I did that and met a couple nice guys from the forum and I think everybody ended up being happy with what they gave up to get something new to them. Pretty cool to be able to do that here. Simple swap at the local FFL.

For me guns have more value that just the money I can get for them. And yes I've sold guns because I needed the money. Now I don't have to. (knock on wood) How do you place a value on teaching a grand daughter to shoot with her very own $79.00 pink Cricket .22 single shot? Heck in 30 years she might hand down that very same .22 to her daughter. What's the value of taking a new shooter out and letting them try a 1911 or cowboy gun for the first time. I've got 2 boys and 4 grand kids what's the value of handing my guns down to them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top