JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have a Sig P238 that I bought when they first came out.. cause i wanted a little pocket gun... and plus i thought it was a pretty sweet looking lil piece.. Well Iv been looking around and came across the PM40 and compared it to my 238 and they are roughly the same size... and since i have quite a few .40's i figured eliminate the .380 and get the Kahr... what do you guy think? or should i just save up and get the PM40 and keep the lil 380? I have yet to actually carry the lil sig.. and iv only shot 50 rounds through it..

that does sound like a personal preference... me, i had an mk9 that was really cool, little bigger than pm's but i dont really dig the polymers. im an all metal guy and thats why i think the 1911 looking mini sig is so neat. never fired one and cant imagine them being great shooters, but i'd prefer the SA pull to a DA. But with the DA Kahr, you would be able to get one off quicker from a draw then you would with the P238. Unless you leave it cocked and locked and are really good about hitting the safety lever from the draw... but no ones gonna cock and lock carry a pocket pistol. dont decide. get both

Easy
If you are thinking about it,then just do it.
And if it wasn't all you dreamed of do it again.

That's what I have always done. But now I just buy what I need.Yeah single and I buy what I need

Different gun but same caliber, I have a Walther PPS in .40 and am a big fan of the caliber. I have never thought of .40 being snappy as I have heard some people describe it based on my Glock 22 but do find it so in the PPS. Not to the extent that I want to get rid of the gun or anything, I do truly love it but do now recommend that people just keep that in mine before buying a small pistol in .40. At the same time when out with the wife to buy a gun for her I really didn't want her to get a .380 until she started looking at the P238 which she then got and which I now really like.

I will second tossing the PPS .40 into the equation. The Walther's trigger is much better than the unnecessarily long travel of the Kahr. I have owned my PPS for over a year, put 50 rounds through it every week and have no complaint. It is more accurate than it has any right to be given the 3.2" bbl and now the price of new Walthers has been reduced. I paid $635 last January for a gun that sells for $585 at Gun Broker in Clack. Personally, I can find no use for the pipsqueak .380, anything it can do, the 9MM can do better.
Dump the play gun and choose between the Kahr and the PPS.

Well i Sold the 238 last night, I have looks at the Walther, but the reason why iv been considering the Kahr is because of its size.. its small enough to put in your pocket, but a big enough caliber to get the deed done..

Loved my PM40. Not something you would want to shoot at the range all day, but that's not what it is for. Very accurate, reliable (once properly broken in), great trigger (although some don't like the long pull), perfect gun for it's purpose.

I'd say hang on to the Sig,I am by no means a fan of .380s';but I've had for a short time three Kahrs,two PM9s' and one PM40.The 9s' were OK if you like that kinda thing,(I gave one to my wife and sold the other one) but the PM40 was a real POS if ya get my meaning.I must have tore the thing apart 10 times tryin' to get it ship-shape,but no luck.I also know two other gents who've had problems with that gun.I find it kinda strange,as a rule Kahr tends to make a decent product for the price;but the PM40s' seem to be junk if ya ask me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top