JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently reduced my collection by more than half. Most of the guns I sold off were redundancies or guns to which I had no real emotional connect or for which no physical need.

The only gun I got rid of that I regret now is my Glock 29. Now that I do not have it I realize what a perfect hiking gun it was for those times when you just wanted a powerful gun that could easily be thrown in a fanny pack. I am strongly considering buying another one.

Anyone else sell anything recently that they now regret? Thinking of getting another one?

Glock29-1.jpg

Same here.
I sold my Glock 19 a few years ago and should have kept it. But this crappy economy and lack of work determines the fate of most of my valuable stuff.
I also took my 19 hiking or 4 wheelin in a fanny pack.
I plan on replacing it sometime next year (tax time) with a shiny new or used 23.

I sold a Winchester Defender to purchase my first handgun when I turned 21. At the time it was the only way to come up with the cash needed. It has been over 10 years and the Taurus purchased is thankfully long gone. I really liked that Winchester and I certainly can't buy one for what I paid for the one I had.

There have been guns that I have sold or traded away that are surely missed but for some reason the first one sticks with me.

Welcome back PP!!!

The gun I sold last spring was the Kahr P380 (Kahr fanboi here) because they were super-hard to get. They were going for tons of moola, so I thought I could use the money more than the gun.

I instantly regretted it, and bought another one as soon as I was able to find one.

I had an enfield no.4 mk1 that had a great looking bore and stock, it was my first bolt action rifle... then I discovered buying, trading, and selling firearms privately and I went hog wild. Still miss it to this day and if another gun was in the budget right now it would be at the top of the list.

Yeah. Sold a Vz.58 on here that I really liked. So lightweight, compact, simple, and yet packed a punch without nasty recoil (at least once a decent muzzle brake was installed).

like one poster above, i sort of regretted selling a winchester 1300 that i'd picked up in absolutely brand-new condition at a pawn shop for $130. it was a long time ago, though, and in all that time i've had basically no use for a shotgun. it hurt to sell my USP45, when i sold it... but again, i have had no use for it since. very nice gun- but i don't shoot .45.

aside from those short-lived moments of regret- no, not really. i sold my first ever pistol- a 1911- a couple years ago. you'd think that would have given me some remorse, but not really. i didn't use it, was short on cash, and had other gun projects i wanted to fund. besides- anything i've sold has been something i didn't need. and if i ever want one again, they can be purchased at any time. i've never owned nor sold a gun that was so rare that you couldn't replace it in less than a minute with a gunbroker search and a click of the mouse.

they're just expensive hunks of steel, afterall.. not yer grand-daddy's ashes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top