JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It really sounds like your saying that high levels of performance are something you should expect as a self taught shooter because were Americans.
I'm saying that's incredibly unrealistic based on my fairly large student samples. And attempting to explain why.

It really sounds like your saying that high levels of performance are something you should expect as a self taught shooter because were Americans.
I'm saying that's incredibly unrealistic based on my fairly large student samples. And attempting to explain why.
No. I said nothing about "expecting" something for free. Quite the contrary, I was saying it requires the opposite.. meaning hard actual work. There's no need for you to throw ethnic slander/conjecture into the mix.

Ed McGivern taught me everything I need to know about being quick and accurate! And then Bill Jordan, and then of course Elmer Keith taught me allot!
Hey, a little respect here. I got a Red Dawn wolverine tattoo so I got at least triple hit points!

rMVridPwUv9%2b7vV4jQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Is that one of SouthNarc's classes?
ShivWorks has ECQC in Olympia Oct 16, 17, 18. About 2-1/2 hrs from Portland. Have you taken this class? It looks pretty awesome. I am considering it. These types of hands on classes are probably the most practical and useful classes you could take out of everything thats available.

I haven't taken one of ShivWorks classes but I'd love to. I have seen some of his other class highlight reels and its the most realistic fof training I have ever seen.

Years back I took a class from a local instructor focusing on fighting with blades - it was a huge eye opener for me. At the time I was heavy into traditional tae kwon do and some of the BS we were taught for defending against a blade would get a guy killed or paralyzed real quick. A one day course by a guy who had actually been in a few knife fights and had real hand to hand experience showed that 1.) If a blade comes into play you are getting cut. 2.) Fixed blades beat folders every time when you need one *now* and 3.) the bs disarming techniques my tkd school tought must've been created by a hollywood coreographer or a bad guy to trick people into getting hurt. Kicking the knife will never work. Trying a fine motor skill wrist lock will get you hurt. It was all about speed and violence of your counter attack and gross movements targeting the arms and elbows to trap the blade bearing hand if you had no option but to close or you were already grappling when the knife comes into play.

Much of the info and skills would translate to use of a firearm. Biggest takeaway from that class was if you get in an armed conflict expect to get hurt and have the mindset to fight through it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top