JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Facebook, Wash. DV law update delusional gun control 'wins'

Friday's coverage of the Washington Legislature's passage of a domestic violence update bill, and the earlier national "celebration" over what essentially was a decision by Facebook to require users to follow federal law, demonstrate the desperation of gun control proponents looking for anything they can call a "victory."

<broken link removed>

This new format is gonna take some getting used to!

I kind of laughed at the Facebook deal because it didn't do anything other than let people know they needed to follow the law. The domestic abuse law is nothing but feel good and from what I can tell it will rarely apply due to the stringent requirements.

all they are doing is pandering to people who think like they do, if they can show some success they'll get more donations

At the risk of Godwin-ing my own post, there is an axiom out there that states:

""If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." -- Joseph Goebbels

And then, there is "A lie told often enough becomes truth" from Vladimir Lenin.

"There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it." - William James (1842-1910) The father of modern Psychology

At the risk of Godwin-ing my own post, there is an axiom out there that states:

""If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." -- Joseph Goebbels

And then, there is "A lie told often enough becomes truth" from Vladimir Lenin.

"There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it." - William James (1842-1910) The father of modern Psychology

'If you like your plan, you can keep your plan' — Barack Obama

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads