Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Self-defense with guns is effective, says study

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Study says self-defense gun use is effective

Gun rights advocates from Miami to Mountlake Terrace are probably wondering this morning how soon news about a new study – reported yesterday by Slate – will disappear from view because it says that firearms are effectively used in self-defense a lot, a contention that is always disputed by gun prohibitionists.

Study says self-defense gun use is effective - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

This is an interesting report. Not everything is good news for gunnies, but it is a balance and that's refreshing from the CDC.

2. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Someone please send this to Ginny Burdick...

I don't know how many times I have heard gun control fanatics spew the contrary to this article. Awesome stuff Dave.

3. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Appreciate that. What gives you the notion that Ms. Burdick would be the least bit receptive to this? Similar reports do not appear to have altered her perception of reality.

Now, if you just keep her south of the Columbia River, Washingtonians will be obliged.

4. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

No kidding Dave. I remember watching a you tube video of her discussing how we are more likely to shoot ourselves than use a gun in self defense ( paraphrasing here ), I immediately thought about her when I read your article. I'm sure she would think somehow the NRA is involved in this research, or other such non-sense.