JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled across this story, and it leaves me a bit puzzled regarding what will happen in WA if you're involved in a self-defense shooting. The shooter waited for the police to arrive, claimed the person had attacked him and he'd shot in self-defense, and was he immediately arrested (first for assault, and when the person died, the charge was upgraded to murder(?)). Since the article asks for anyone with information to contact police, I'm assuming that there weren't any witnesses. Also no mention on whether or not the shooter had a CPL, prior record, etc.

Is it just that journalism is dead and there's a lot more to the story, or is this standard WA state procedure - at least in Seattle?

another article with slightly more information. Sounds like he was arrested and then interviewed by detectives.

Last Edited:
Seattle or Portland and that's pretty much all that needs to be said.....

I wondered about that myself. It's either that, or the guy shot him after getting into an argument over something like a parking space. I travel to Seattle frequently and always carry unless I fly up. I definitely would like to know the details on this one.

Lot's more information needed before the situation can be accurately evaluated. Even if he was attacked, how? Without (legitimate / reasonable) fear of GBI or death, bringing a gun to a fist fight will likely land you in jail.

So, the police show up on scene and guy 1 says that guy 2 attacked him and he shot him in self defense. Guy 2 later dies. So, now it's the word of one guy against a dead man.

Should we just automatically take guy 1's word for it? Would things look the same or different if guy 1 had murdered guy 2?

The police now need to figure out exactly what happened. Charging the guy for murder seems premature - are you sure he isn't just being held? (The police can hold you without charging for up to 72hrs, I believe).

Seems they may be holding guy 1 while investigating on the chance that guy 1 is actually guilty of murder/assault/etc.If they don't get enough evidence or if they conclude it was a justified shoot, guy 1 will be out and gone.

I'm not seeing anything particularly anti-gun owner about this. It's pretty much how I figured things would play out if it were my word against a dead man. The moral of this story is: if possible, start a recording to give yourself incontrovertible evidence. (Again, is possible)

The police can hold you without charging for up to 72hrs, I believe
I think that's just for Mental Health purposes. I believe they have to charge you or release you. If they charge you then you await a judge to determine bail if the DA asks for it (flight risk)

Need more info to draw any conclusions. My confirmation bias make me read this as "man defends his own life, gets charged with murder".

My feels don't dictate reality so will have to wait until there is more info. Curious to see how this all plays out.

not enough info- detectives still investigating- could be the shooter changed part of his story, wound placement, ie the back, on the victim didn't tally with positioning shooter claimed, some other evidence at the scene conflicts with his story. Maybe CCTV footage or a witness telling a diffent story. Who knows. Could be legit and nervous victim forgot a detail or something...

Should we just automatically take guy 1's word for it? Would things look the same or different if guy 1 had murdered guy 2?

Agreed, I would expect the police to do their due diligence. The way the article is worded makes it sound like he was immediately arrested for assault, rather than taken in for questioning and then arrested based on the interview.

Yeah y'all.... don't be like all the drones on Twitter and just go off on a stupid reflex thinking you know what's what... look at how THAT's turned out recently.

:rolleyes:
Shoot, we should just riot! Everyone else is doing it and getting away with stupid! Hey, Alive Man Matters!!!!:s0155:

I could have sworn I saw a video clip of this shooting but can't find it now.

Anyway, there is more info here: Seattle man charged with manslaughter, accused of fatally shooting man in U-District parking lot

In my recollection of the video, Siciliano punched Lundvall, which seems to be something he likes to do (and of course, he has faced no legal consequences): Suspect charged in sucker-punch attack on Orthodox priest arrested 8 times since 2017

• Siciliano punched a priest in Burien in a random attack while the priest was pumping gas,
  • The next day he threatened to kill a bus driver,
  • Two days later, he's on video hitting a woman in Seattle -- randomly of course,
  • Before these incidents he assualted someone at the Union Gospel Mission,
  • And he also assaulted an employee of the Downtown Emergency Center
The above story about Siciliano is from 2019 so clearly, nothing really came of any of his assaults.

If anyone can point me to the video though, I'd appreciate it.

It's not what is printed, but what is not printed. Sounds to me like there is a whole lot more to this story, i.e. neighbors hearing arguing, prior history of disputes between the two, victim's witness siding with him, drug deal gone bad. Very likely thug v. thug.

I would not not not make it into a threat against lawful carry and use.

I could have sworn I saw a video clip of this shooting but can't find it now.

Anyway, there is more info here: Seattle man charged with manslaughter, accused of fatally shooting man in U-District parking lot

In my recollection of the video, Siciliano punched Lundvall, which seems to be something he likes to do (and of course, he has faced no legal consequences): Suspect charged in sucker-punch attack on Orthodox priest arrested 8 times since 2017

• Siciliano punched a priest in Burien in a random attack while the priest was pumping gas,
  • The next day he threatened to kill a bus driver,
  • Two days later, he's on video hitting a woman in Seattle -- randomly of course,
  • Before these incidents he assualted someone at the Union Gospel Mission,
  • And he also assaulted an employee of the Downtown Emergency Center
The above story about Siciliano is from 2019 so clearly, nothing really came of any of his assaults.

If anyone can point me to the video though, I'd appreciate it.
WHY wasnt this THUG in prison??? He had no business being loose in society- he appears from his record to be a violent predator- someone in the court system didnt do their job. Had he been in prison this wouldnt have happened... That said, from the facts as reported, Lundvall acted outside the law and is screwed...

Last Edited:
The problem with our current "justice system" is that is shackles the law abiding for fear of losing all that they have worked for and incentivizes and emboldens the scum who have nothing to lose.

So I read a few articles on the shooting and based on the history of Siciliano and the detectives' analysis of the video Siciliano is mentally ill. Also, based on the analysis Siciliano simply punched him and backed away. Lundvall's testimony conflicted with the video surveillance enough that he was arrested and charged. You can't shoot someone in the face because they punched you in the head and backed away after you refuse to offer a light for their cigarette, and based on the detectives' analysis that's exactly what happened.

I looked but couldn't find the video.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR