JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to google these having never heard of them. If you carry a "tactical" POS like what I saw through; I bet you have a 9 out of ten chance of the TSA owning it.
For the love of Pete; why not make it look like a regular pen? Or are they just for tactical tools who carry those kind of tool?

There is actually quite a large variety of "tactical pens". Its a trend that seems to be getting more popular. Some of them look absolutely ridiculous and others look like normal pens. Surefire makes a couple of models that look very much like real pens yet serve the purpose that tactical pens are advertised to perform. (ie. kubaton, impact tool, etc...) Pens

I think generally they are supposed to serve as "last ditch" weapons. Defensive Tactics training often covers the use of a pen as a tool/weapon if all else fails...

But I would state that if you must have one and are willing to pay the small fortune that a lot of these "tacticool" pens cost, then try to get one that is inconspicuous and doesn't look like a weapon. I would recommend Surefire, CRKT, or Tuff Writer, or just getting an inexpensive all metal Parker or Sheafer pen.

In regards to whether they can be taken on a plane or not, technically it is just a pen....

Alright, forget about all that fancy crap. I have always carried a Bic "click stick" for years, I can tell you that you can MESS a person up REAL BAD with a stab (or two) from one of those, plus they slide through security just fine... and if you lose it, go buy another for fiddy-cents. ;)

A year ago TSA was confiscating Tac pens in Las Vegas. I was attending a knife show there and a text was sent out by a guy who was leaving early. They were fine in checked bags but nogo for carry on. Just grab a regular Bic or Parker pen. They will work just fine :)

Take your "Tactical Laptop". Laser from the mouse will blind 'em & a sideways chop with the keyboard to the larynx will drop 'em. Use the power cord as a garrote and you're golden. :rolleyes:

A year ago TSA was confiscating Tac pens in Las Vegas. I was attending a knife show there and a text was sent out by a guy who was leaving early. They were fine in checked bags but nogo for carry on. Just grab a regular Bic or Parker pen. They will work just fine :)

That sounds like about the time they were telling their employees what a "kubaton" was, and what to look for.

Simple rule: if it has crenellations, or a sharp point at one or both ends with the cap still on, you might lose it... So, as suggested already, take a cheapie, and have one less thing to worry about going through airport security.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top