JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to google these having never heard of them. If you carry a "tactical" POS like what I saw through; I bet you have a 9 out of ten chance of the TSA owning it.
For the love of Pete; why not make it look like a regular pen? Or are they just for tactical tools who carry those kind of tool?

There is actually quite a large variety of "tactical pens". Its a trend that seems to be getting more popular. Some of them look absolutely ridiculous and others look like normal pens. Surefire makes a couple of models that look very much like real pens yet serve the purpose that tactical pens are advertised to perform. (ie. kubaton, impact tool, etc...) Pens

I think generally they are supposed to serve as "last ditch" weapons. Defensive Tactics training often covers the use of a pen as a tool/weapon if all else fails...

But I would state that if you must have one and are willing to pay the small fortune that a lot of these "tacticool" pens cost, then try to get one that is inconspicuous and doesn't look like a weapon. I would recommend Surefire, CRKT, or Tuff Writer, or just getting an inexpensive all metal Parker or Sheafer pen.

In regards to whether they can be taken on a plane or not, technically it is just a pen....

Alright, forget about all that fancy crap. I have always carried a Bic "click stick" for years, I can tell you that you can MESS a person up REAL BAD with a stab (or two) from one of those, plus they slide through security just fine... and if you lose it, go buy another for fiddy-cents. ;)

A year ago TSA was confiscating Tac pens in Las Vegas. I was attending a knife show there and a text was sent out by a guy who was leaving early. They were fine in checked bags but nogo for carry on. Just grab a regular Bic or Parker pen. They will work just fine :)

Take your "Tactical Laptop". Laser from the mouse will blind 'em & a sideways chop with the keyboard to the larynx will drop 'em. Use the power cord as a garrote and you're golden. :rolleyes:

A year ago TSA was confiscating Tac pens in Las Vegas. I was attending a knife show there and a text was sent out by a guy who was leaving early. They were fine in checked bags but nogo for carry on. Just grab a regular Bic or Parker pen. They will work just fine :)

That sounds like about the time they were telling their employees what a "kubaton" was, and what to look for.

Simple rule: if it has crenellations, or a sharp point at one or both ends with the cap still on, you might lose it... So, as suggested already, take a cheapie, and have one less thing to worry about going through airport security.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top